Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

look what I found! (a "what if..." thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 12:45 AM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: look what I found!

LoL, everytime someone does a Photochop job and labels it as a new model, people ALWAYS think it is real.

Works like a charm.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:46 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be prepared for a MAJOR price change, that goes with those good looks !
GM has already admitted, that they can't compete with Ford's price range, so the new Crapmaro will be in the "low 30's" MSRP
Does anyone,....... really think, the '09 MUSTANG, won't have a "base" of 30K+ for a standard GT ?
C'mon, looking atthe popularity so far, FORD would be "stupid", if they didn't increase the price for thestandard / GT (when the GT 500 gets 20K over MSRP, and the Shelby GT gets 8K over MSRP )
GM "scrambled" to make a "catch-up model" Crapmaro, which will have a $33K base V8 MSRP, with NO options.
Based on pics, GM,............ IMHO hasn't "captured" the true retro look !
Looks like a pissin' CATFISH, from the front
Old 07-11-2007, 07:07 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

HELLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be prepared for a MAJOR price change, that goes with those good looks !
GM has already admitted, that they can't compete with Ford's price range, so the new Crapmaro will be in the "low 30's" MSRP
Does anyone,....... really think, the '09 MUSTANG, won't have a "base" of 30K+ for a standard GT ?
C'mon, looking atthe popularity so far, FORD would be "stupid", if they didn't increase the price for thestandard / GT (when the GT 500 gets 20K over MSRP, and the Shelby GT gets 8K over MSRP )
GM "scrambled" to make a "catch-up model" Crapmaro, which will have a $33K base V8 MSRP, with NO options.
Based on pics, GM,............ IMHO hasn't "captured" the true retro look !
Looks like a pissin' CATFISH, from the front
IMO, the whole point Ford lovesmaking with theMustang GT & GT 500 is price/performance. That's why the suspension and interior is get's such"poor" ratings, Ford is trying to keep the cost down. I think they'llkeep the base model GT as cheap as possible because that's their niche.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joolander

My Mustang has a chin spoiler from the factory...

And all Ford changed on the sn95 form the early 90's to the late 90's was the tail lights... and then the new edges weren't that different from the late sn95's
That would be mid 90's to late 90's.
you have a gt cs dont you? its a special option not the base model. Also they put a whole new engine in from 95-96 and since I dont think they are going to put mod 302s in the cars within the next few years the body style is gonna change.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:43 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

FORD will keep the cost, just below, the '09 Crapmaro.
MUSTANG lovers should not expect, a minor price increase, it will be just below GM's price for the Crapmaro, that's if GM can sell, that "catfish" looking POS.(4 years too late !!!!)
Old 07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
05RedHead
2nd Gear Member

Good point about the hood length...kinda like from 67-68-69 into the early 70's...Remember the 1973 hoods? They were HUGE!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:01 PM
change4five

kinda obvious when the fog lamp thats closest to the suposed camera (passenger side) is smaller than the one further away (driver side)
Old 07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Paint the side skirts body color...
Get rid of the fog lights and pony emblem....
put some scoops on the rear windows...

THEN it's perfect!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

ORIGINAL: white07

ORIGINAL: Joolander

My Mustang has a chin spoiler from the factory...

And all Ford changed on the sn95 form the early 90's to the late 90's was the tail lights... and then the new edges weren't that different from the late sn95's
That would be mid 90's to late 90's.
you have a gt cs dont you? its a special option not the base model. Also they put a whole new engine in from 95-96 and since I dont think they are going to put mod 302s in the cars within the next few years the body style is gonna change.
I do have a GT/CS, but it's still a Mustang and it came from the factory that way....

Besdies, I've read from several sources that the '09 Mustang wil have "More aggressive styling, more like the GT500" and that the GT500 will be "even more aggressive"

Anyways, this was more of a "wouldn't it be cool if..." thread, and I'm not saying that's what it will look like, just that I love this particlar artist's rendition
Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
change4five

Looks like he tilted this picture and went to work on it

Quick Reply: look what I found! (a "what if..." thread)