Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth - Decision Making

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:06 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default SLP Loudmouth - Decision Making

Ok I know theres hundreds of posts regarding exhaust and i've been through just about all of them but nothing really focused on all of the things I am looking to have answered... so your assistance in this purchase would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have been listening to sound clips and video files and reading all sorts of forums for a few weeks now and have decided I want the LOUD, OBNOXIOUS sound of the SLP Loudmouths, only because there is nothing better than getting the car going and having every single eye turned on your car, regardless of how loud it may be. Unless of course, hearing them at a meet im going to this weekend on someone elses Stang changes my mind.

Anyways, should I get the SLP Loudmouth Axel-Back AND the X-Pipe? And if so, where would I find these cheapest with best shipping? Also, are there any SPECIFIC audio/video clips of this setup that you might want to recommend?

Thank you again!
Old 07-10-2007, 07:38 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth - Decision Making

HELP!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 PM
User 113021
3rd Gear Member

Sound clips do not do these justice. You need to hear them in person.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Speedyejl
2nd Gear Member

I've got LMs + Xpipe

Its loud everyone will stare at your car. Its loud enough non-car people will think your car is broken.

The combo sounds like fabric ripping, the fabric of the universe.

Sound quality wise idle is good, wot is good, everything else is crap
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

Nice, exactly what I want. Where did you get yours and for how much?
Old 07-10-2007, 08:41 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Do SLP LM with H-pipe. Xpipe is too raspy.

Do not do cat-deletes with SLPs they get insanely loud.

Consider Pypes new mid-muffler system, seems to be a great new product.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:55 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

So an H Pipe with the loudmouth axel backs would be best? Where would I get that?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

I have heard SLP Loudmouths with an O/R X-pipe and it sounds like crap. The only way I could describe it would be it sounds like a cross between a nascar and a dumptruck. It's a sound that will make you want to punch babies. I had loudmouths on my car with the stock midpipe and I loved the sound. I decided to go with an O/R H-pipe to squeeze a little more horsepower out of the car and I had to change to a chambered muffler so it wouldn't be obnoxious. The only way I would suggest SLP Loudmouths is if the rest of the exhaust stays stock. Believe me, you will get alot of looks with just the loudmouths.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:32 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28

I have heard SLP Loudmouths with an O/R X-pipe and it sounds like crap. The only way I could describe it would be it sounds like a cross between a nascar and a dumptruck. It's a sound that will make you want to punch babies. I had loudmouths on my car with the stock midpipe and I loved the sound. I decided to go with an O/R H-pipe to squeeze a little more horsepower out of the car and I had to change to a chambered muffler so it wouldn't be obnoxious. The only way I would suggest SLP Loudmouths is if the rest of the exhaust stays stock. Believe me, you will get alot of looks with just the loudmouths.
What will it do to me if I already want to punch babies?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

The reason we have so many threads on exhaust systems is that everyone of them starts out demanding loud, and as sure as the sun rises, the loud ownergets tired of the drone, after first asking what that is, and then ends his journey demandingsound quality over sound quantity.

Buddy, you're no different. We'll be seeing you in about 3 months with your next post - "I'm tired of drone"followed 2 weeks later by "What's the best sounding exhaust system". Right now, you don't know enough to know you'll be learning these lessons at your own expense.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth - Decision Making