Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color Dilemma

Old 07-11-2007, 02:27 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Color Dilemma

All I can say, is congrats on choosing a mustang. You will not regret it. The color on the other hand is something that your heart must choose. Can't wait to see what you pick. The vapor seems to look a lot like the tungston.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

DCA ftw[8D]

not sure about "black and tan" interior
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

Good suggestion everyone, thanks. Great link too.
And tacobill's car is one big reason I started thinking torch, great looking car!
Old 07-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Route 99
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: guydon

So what’s the problem? COLOR! I just can’t decide. This is my dream car; I have to get it right. I was thinking torch red with white stripes, then maybe Metallic alloy with vapor stripes, then Vapor with black stripes, or Grabber with black, and back again. All I know is it will be a solid color with stripes. What do I do? I talked to the so-to-be-wife (she is in Iraq as well, far from me though) and she hates red, but this is my dream. I know you guys will say it is mine and do what I want, but maybe someone has got some words of wisdom out there. Thanks some much you guys are great!
When a man marries a woman, they become one, but the trouble starts when they try to decide which one.

My advice, for what it's worth:

Talk is over with your soon-to-be-wife. Find out howshe feels. Will it be "his car" and "her car" or "our cars"?

Every marriage is different.

My wife wanted me to get exactly the Mustang I wanted even though we've always shared vehicles.

I like all of the color combos you are considering. Tough choice.

Thanks for serving our country. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Best of luck.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

/\ Thanks,
Yeah she said "it is your dream get what you want" But her telling me she "hates red" kind of stuck with me. It WILL be my car, and she will probably never even drive it, but she will ride in it and sit outside it at cars shows and such, so..... but you are right. I tell you I look at tacobill's car and it sure is hard not to go with that combo. I actually don't see that many around.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:03 PM
lqdslvr
1st Gear Member

Dude, you want the red so bad you can taste it. We can tell that by reading your posts. That's the only real choice.

Let me share a story. In 1996, I had just started the highest paying job I had ever had and could afford a new car. At the time, we had the 1992 Pontiac Sunfire that we had put 100k miles on it. We needed a second car. My wife wanted some sedan or another and I desperately wanted a black 1996 Formula Firebird. While looking at cars, we commented in front of the sales guy that we should compromise and get something sporty, but still a bit luxurious like my wife wanted. He chimed in and said, no, one of you should be happy. We talked it over and agreed. A compromise just means everyone is satisfied and no one is really happy or excited. Since i had the new job, she agreed that I got ot pick, so I got the Firebird. So from then on out, we have traded out new cars. She picks, then I pick. We comment on each other's selections and provide input, but in the end, who ever is picking has final say and gets what they want, even if the other isn't impressed or even doesn't like it.

So, this is your car. More, this is your dream car. Don't compromise, you'll regret it. Just give her the same freedom when she gets ready for her car. Just some advice from someone who has been married for 17 years to someone about to get married. Good luck!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:36 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: guydon

As some of you know I’m in Iraq right now. I have about 90 days before I can get home and into my 08 GT premium. I’m in my mid-30’s and grew up super poor. I built a couple of mustangs (70 mach1 and 71 mach1) growing up from parts I worked for in a junkyard. I have always wanted a new car and my last tour in Iraq (Nov 2003- Nov 2004) I saw ad’s for the s197. I knew right then I HAD to have one. Long story short, I can afford one now. I’m getting an 08 premium, and I’m going to deck it out. It will be supercharged, and will have quite a few appearance mod’s (cdc chin, cervini’s spoiler, sequential tails, so on) right off the bat. So what’s the problem? COLOR! I just can’t decide. This is my dream car; I have to get it right. I was thinking torch red with white stripes, then maybe Metallic alloy with vapor stripes, then Vapor with black stripes, or Grabber with black, and back again. All I know is it will be a solid color with stripes. What do I do? I talked to the so-to-be-wife (she is in Iraq as well, far from me though) and she hates red, but this is my dream. I know you guys will say it is mine and do what I want, but maybe someone has got some words of wisdom out there. Thanks some much you guys are great!
i love legend lime w/ white stripes, but no more limers are comin off the line. shame. i say get the red and put white stripes, tho grabber is pretty badass.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:36 PM
stangthang824
1st Gear Member

Woooo I just checked that site. I like the Warriors in Pink...minus all of the ribbon attributes...which I guess takes away its purpose. I want a pink carrrrr I read on some forum that the 05-07 models were voted most likely to look best in pink out of ANY other car. That's when I knew these cars were meant for me...
Old 07-11-2007, 07:36 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I had the same color choice issues you are having when I bought my '07, I made countless trips to the dealer color shopping...I liked red too but my wife says thats a girl color (don't pay attention to that), so"We" decided silver was going to be the color of "My" car...you should of saw the surprised look on her face when I drove in the driveway with a orange stang...it was priceless. The difference is that you are ordering yours, I changed my mind last second when I saw this one on the lot, I say go with what you want so you don't have any regrets...sounds like red to me.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:51 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Torch with white stripes, you can't go wrong, but I see it quite often. What interior color? nearly as important IMO.

Another choice would be Dark Candy Apple Red (since Torch has been there all along and this is new with 08) and all flat black rims (you ever see Northy_Polk's stang when he's got the black rims on? YIKES!!!, that one is "nasty")

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Color Dilemma