Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Color Dilemma

I gotta say it- you need to see the car in PERSON before deciding which color you like best! I was dead set on Mineral Grey and then saw it in the sun and it looked too brown.
I know it's weird to dislike a color (like hating red) but there you go!
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

My bro has a MKZ that is alloy metallic and I detailed it this past weekend and it look amazing. In the sun it shines. In the evening and at night it almost looks black. Really cool color.
ORIGINAL: stangthang824

Alloy Metallic is such a neat color! It looks really good on the road.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 AM
swoosh
2nd Gear Member

Here's an example of GT500 in Vapor with Black stripes.
https://mustangforums.com/m_3502421/tm.htm

I have Tungsten w/ Black stripes, I must say it's definitelyturned some heads. It stands out just enough,but doesn't attract as much attention fromas a bright red (old mustang was that color, got a lot more looks from thePD in it for sure).

Ultimately, it depends on the look you're going for; I've added louvers, stripes,and the 18" polished rimsto give mine a very classic, retro look. The available mods will let you take the car jsut about any way you want, though yes, the color is key.

As for which exactly to choose, I'm biased towards Vapor w/ black stripes, but from the other cars on this forum that are similar to your ideas, any of your choices will come out looking spectacular.

Just my 2 cents regarding the stripes: If you're getting vinyl ones, please go with the stripe kits from BSM. I really don't like how the sets from Ford don't even cover the full length of the car, looks really tacky over time. Some my disagree, but hey, it's jmo
Old 07-12-2007, 02:09 AM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

get the red with the white stripes. follow your dream.

and thanks for your service in iraq. i am currently in kuwait myself, 60 days to go.....
Old 07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Guydon,

First off.....GET THE RED ONE!!!! The entire time I was reading this, I was thinking, I sure hope this guys get's the RED one, and his wife is OK with it. I actually bought a RED one in '06....I Like RED, and the wife wanted me to get a RED, but I'm really a blue guy, I have a '67 Chevelle that's almost exactly the same color as the Vista Blue....well To be honest, everytime I saw a Vista Blue one I just thought about how sharp that color was to me. So first chance I got....I gave the red one to the Wife, and special ordered an '07 Vista Blue one....funny thing, I first ordered it with a tan interior, but a couple of days later I changed that to the Dark Charcoal interior.....I am SO glad I finally ended up with EXACTLY what I wanted.

I have a suggestion.....try looking on CARMAX's web site...they have MANY, MANY Mustangs for sell, with great pictures.....open them up, and just see which color makes your heart beat a little faster than the others!!! It also gives you a chance to compare interior's with the different color cars......you have time, GET IT RIGHT!

p.s. I will say, as other's have.....You guys over there are the BEST!!!! Can't say enough about our troops!

p.s.s. When you get back to the states....where are you stationed out of? I work in Fayetteville, NC...near Ft. Bragg