Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The color of your car

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 07:10 PM
raserx
1st Gear Member

Default RE: The color of your car

Well...I guess the sides of my car are safe ,I just have to watch out for the middle !
Old 07-12-2007, 07:39 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

"Darker colors were also much more popular than colors on the other end of the spectrum, which helps explain why lighter colors commanded less money on resale. We guess only the white 2008 Taurus is the safest car in America."

...which also explains why they are more likely to be involved in an accident....cause there are more of them..

other than an article based on people miss-reporting statistics... I guess I'm screwed.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

it speaks to the drivers of white cars, not to the car itself.

I can see it being true, after all you are probably more likely to be a tame driver if you bought a tame color.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 PM
white07
4th Gear Member

Ill have you know my car is a sexy bitch! Also the reason people driving darker colored vehicles is b/c when they see me rolling in the white stang they are looking at my car with their tongue hanging out thinking I should of got that color and they slam into the car in front of them.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:07 PM
johnpony
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/12/d...n-a-car-crash/

White cars may be a bit boring, but a recent study from The RAC Foundation showed that light-colored cars were up to 12-percent less likely to get into a serious accident than darker colored vehicles. Statistics also showed that the accidents that the lighter colored cars did get into were also less severe. The study was done in Australia with all accidents resulting in death, injury, or the car being towed between 1987 and 2004.

While light-colored cars were definitely safer, they also had a lower resale value. Over the 18 years covered in the study, white cars were worth up to £500 less than darker colors. Darker colors were also much more popular than colors on the other end of the spectrum, which helps explain why lighter colors commanded less money on resale. We guess only the white 2008 Taurus is the safest car in America.
Seems all of you with dark colored cars should take out more life insurance. [sm=smiley2.gif]

You got to know that all police and emergancy response cars in australia are white and most fleet vehicles come in white also most goverment cars and taxis so there are a lot of white working vehicles on the road down under.I don't know about you but if my job was on the line i would drive a little more careful also if they pay you by the hour your not going to be in a real hurry are you.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I've posted about this before and gotten slammed. I counted 18 out of 23 cars in my parking lot that were white, silver or grey. I'm amazed at the number of white, silver and grey cars on the road. (Black is a much rarer case, but still fits the arguement.) Don't get me wrong,I like they way the Mustangs look in all those colors, it's just amazing to me the level of non-color commitment among drivers these days.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:50 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

Its a well established fact. White is the new Black. Especially in Europe right now where everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. If white isn't in your line up of colours your market research sucks. Asa large portion of people wanting a sporty car want it in white. Its gone from being the colour no one wanted and thought was for police cars / work vans to being the colour everyone wants.

My only thing is its just not as in your face enough for me. Prefer red or yellow. Plus I have a red car now and the number of women who have commented on the colour means im staying with red. lol.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:01 PM
jdt141
1st Gear Member

white may be the new black, but we all know that vista blue is the fastest color out there
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM
wozz
2nd Gear Member

I have to say red ones go faster. Its obvious they go faster I mean red cars get pulled over more so its obviously true!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
zep06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dex

my car is white and i'll have you know a new white car club is in the works
you broke the first rule...

Quick Reply: The color of your car