Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 AM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!

I have never, repeat never had any good body work done at a dealer. I continues to amaze me how they can notmatch the paint in every car I've taken to them (only because the insurance at the time required me to). On the other hand a good body shop in my town seems to consistantly match the paint on even my weathered cars. I have to have some warranty work done next week and I'm worried about it. I just don't trust dealers.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 AM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

I understand your anger about the stripes being wrong but really - if they were aftermarket it's not their responsibility. Your improvements on the vehicle aren't their problem. Im susrprised you got them to do it. Ford has really been cracking down on warranty work. I don't mean to sound like a dick but Ford, and in the long run us the customers, shouldn't have to pay to have improvements replaced that aren't factory. You do have a unique situation now thought that has to be fixed. They are resposible for re-painting your hood to factory specs. You are responsible for having the scoop and stripes replaced.
Sorry but that is bull. If you have someone build you a house and the guy who lays the foundation is jacked up, they build the rest of the house and it starts falling apart, does the guy come in and just fix the foundation...no it would be his responsibility to fix everything that was built on top to. Same here, the paint was faulty, and they should replace anything that defect affects after market or not. Not that they will, but they should if they have any integrity what so ever.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:50 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: guydon

I understand your anger about the stripes being wrong but really - if they were aftermarket it's not their responsibility. Your improvements on the vehicle aren't their problem. Im susrprised you got them to do it. Ford has really been cracking down on warranty work. I don't mean to sound like a dick but Ford, and in the long run us the customers, shouldn't have to pay to have improvements replaced that aren't factory. You do have a unique situation now thought that has to be fixed. They are resposible for re-painting your hood to factory specs. You are responsible for having the scoop and stripes replaced.
Sorry but that is bull. If you have someone build you a house and the guy who lays the foundation is jacked up, they build the rest of the house and it starts falling apart, does the guy come in and just fix the foundation...no it would be his responsibility to fix everything that was built on top to. Same here, the paint was faulty, and they should replace anything that defect affects after market or not. Not that they will, but they should if they have any integrity what so ever.

Why is it that you would expect the OEM to cover your changes based on this 'foundation' theory? If you turn your refrigerator into a giant keggerator anda compressor fails.....is itWhirpool's responsiblity torepair the fridge and make sure your modification is intact? If you paint yournotebook PC and something happens to the finish of the case and your 'artwork' is ruined.....is it Dell'sresponsibility to repairthe case andpay for the repainting?

You purchased something from Ford they shouldonly responsible for what they sold you.If you are not happy with the product andchoose to modify it, then you are responsible for those changes.No where in this thread did anyone say that Ford refused to repair the defect of their product. That is all they should ever have to do.

Why is that people have different rules for automobiles than all other products. If you can't pay to play then leave your car alone.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

this reminds me of a accident my ex-wife had with my dodge... My truck was finished (looks wise), lowered, billet grill, exhaust, rims, tint, stereo, you name it... She was driving on the freeway and a HUGE chunk of wood came out of a dumptruck and demolished my grill... After hunting down the culprit (she got the license plate number, i called the police to figure out which company) they agreed to only fix the chrome grill, not the aftermarket billet inserts... [sm=icon_beat.gif]WHAT!!?!?!?! I ended up getting it all fixed... after a lot of words...

ford sold a faulty product... it should be returned to customer as he brought it in... Doesn't matter if the stripes were aftermarket or not... if they would sell a perfect product issues lke this wouldnt come up...
Old 07-13-2007, 09:20 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Feng Houzi

this reminds me of a accident my ex-wife had with my dodge... My truck was finished (looks wise), lowered, billet grill, exhaust, rims, tint, stereo, you name it... She was driving on the freeway and a HUGE chunk of wood came out of a dumptruck and demolished my grill... After hunting down the culprit (she got the license plate number, i called the police to figure out which company) they agreed to only fix the chrome grill, not the aftermarket billet inserts... [sm=icon_beat.gif]WHAT!!?!?!?! I ended up getting it all fixed... after a lot of words...

ford sold a faulty product... it should be returned to customer as he brought it in... Doesn't matter if the stripes were aftermarket or not... if they would sell a perfect product issues lke this wouldnt come up...
So what your saying is.....if you had a $10K airbrushed mural of your kids put on your hood.....Ford is responsible for replacing that mural? Where do you draw the line?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Look for me at the meet. I am having the same problem with the paint on my hood and fender. They said it isn't covered under warranty and now I am over the 36K. But I will still fight them about all that if it's the same problem that you had.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:16 PM
dennysmustang

Whether factory pieces or not - the problem is customer service. I don't know if this happened in this case, but all too often people in service think they know what you want and dont take the time to review it carefully with you so that you know what to expect when it's done. If there was any confusion or doubt, there should have been a phone call to confirm what needed to be done. Sorry to hear about the issues.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:53 PM
guydon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

ORIGINAL: guydon

Why is it that you would expect the OEM to cover your changes based on this 'foundation' theory? If you turn your refrigerator into a giant keggerator anda compressor fails.....is itWhirpool's responsiblity torepair the fridge and make sure your modification is intact? If you paint yournotebook PC and something happens to the finish of the case and your 'artwork' is ruined.....is it Dell'sresponsibility to repairthe case andpay for the repainting?

You purchased something from Ford they shouldonly responsible for what they sold you.If you are not happy with the product andchoose to modify it, then you are responsible for those changes.No where in this thread did anyone say that Ford refused to repair the defect of their product. That is all they should ever have to do.

Why is that people have different rules for automobiles than all other products. If you can't pay to play then leave your car alone.
You would not be expected to turn a fridge in to a keg or paint a computer, but almost everyone buys these cars to mod them. It WOULD be like losing a bunch of expensive food because the fridge quit, or losing expensive software that you installed because your computer quit. Am I not supposed to put caviar in the fridge, or 3D animation software on my computer? A mucsule car is SUPPOSED to be modded. His was done well and it should leave there in the same condition. He did nothing to CAUSE the paint to boil, therefore it is their problem to give it back to him in good shape
Old 07-13-2007, 09:11 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Look for me at the meet. I am having the same problem with the paint on my hood and fender. They said it isn't covered under warranty and now I am over the 36K. But I will still fight them about all that if it's the same problem that you had.
If it is, the paint area will look like its bubbling from underneath.......you being over 36k miles doesnt come into play here because Ford guarantees the paint/body for 5 years and you get 1 paint job if the part is faulty.....thats what the service department told me........
Old 07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

HOLY ****, I hope you are covered under warranty, but, FORD would be really stupid to do that, based on your demands..
I hope you get everything YOU expect and deserve.
If whining, pissing, moaning, crying, babbling,....etc HELPS,....... you should get a TROPHY, for the BEST "crybaby", with a FORD !!!![sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=signs003.gif]

Quick Reply: Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!