Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Default Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!

My level of disappointment at this moment is beyond my own comprehension. I cannot even describe in words how I am feeling......

Here's the story........

It started out as my hood having a small area about the size of a silver dollar along the very front edge toward the midline where a chemical reaction was going on underneath the paint causing the paint to start separating from the hood.....Keep in mind it was not like this when i bought it and definately was not like that when i put vinyl stripes or a roush scoop on it......

First, the dealer said they would repaint the hood but are not responsible for the stripes or the scoop and would not repaint the scoop or re-apply the stripes; it would be up to me to pay to have all of that done even though I wouldnt have had to have it all reinstalled if the damn paint wouldnt have been corroding from underneath......

Well, I called up a buddy of mine and he came with me on the day I dropped it off and he talked to them and convinced them to redo everything that i had on the car becuse i would not have to have it all done again if the hood wasnt a piece of ****....

Well, they put me in a rental and everything, took the car, and have had it for 2 weeks now....Today, it was done! To me this was all good news!...Anxious to finally get my car back, I arrive at the dealer and see it parked under the service carport area waiting for me to take her home; I could hear the angels singing when i saw it.....

As I get closer and closer, I am overcome by thisqueezy feeling like something is going to be wrong and that this is too good to be true........I get up to the hood, look at it for 5 seconds, run my finger over the stripe edges, and immediately turn away in disgust...........

I discovered first that the white of the hood and scoophad more of a bluish or darker tint to it then the rest of the car....second, i see that the red pinstripe that runs along the outside edges of the stripes is a lot darker than the rest of the pinstripe......Then, I see that every edge on the stripes and pinstripes has a feathered look to it, like the edge of a serrated knife blade....I was suspicious of this and ran my finger over the edges of the stripes and low and behold, the dumba$ses PAINTED the stripes and pins on the car even though the rest of the car is VINYL......

It is absolutely amazing that they tried to let this roll outta there in the condition it was in.....

I told them that I could not accept this.....I have a meet/cruise here in Orlando on Saturday and this is what i have to fkkin drive......

After a long deliberation between me, my buddy from before, and the service department, I have the car for this weekend to drive to the meet, and Ill have to bring it back on Monday to get it all fixed, AGAIN, this time matching the white better and using my original stripe installer to install the stripes back on.......

THEN.................Im driving the car to my house, still steaming, when i get up to about 65 mph, i start to see my scoop lifting up off of the hood from the force of the wind....Now, not only did they screw up my ENTIRE hood, the scoop wasnt installed properly, so I have to take it back there tomorrow to get that tightened down so it doesnt fly off going down the damn road...........

THIS IS A CRISIS!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 06:17 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!

I understand your anger about the stripes being wrong but really - if they were aftermarket it's not their responsibility. Your improvements on the vehicle aren't their problem. Im susrprised you got them to do it. Ford has really been cracking down on warranty work. I don't mean to sound like a dick but Ford, and in the long run us the customers, shouldn't have to pay to have improvements replaced that aren't factory. You do have a unique situation now thought that has to be fixed. They are resposible for re-painting your hood to factory specs. You are responsible for having the scoop and stripes replaced.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

My attitude about leaving my cars at the dealers is somewhat like having a family member in the hospital. I go see them every day and check on the progress so they know I really care and they are getting the care they deserve. No guaranty but I know it helps the outcome.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:50 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

You said your buddie, "he talked to them and convinced them to redo everything "
Now I'm guessing that this is not totally true. But if it is true, Then they should redo everything.
Allways, allways get things nailed down, before the work begings. If they agree to fix stuff, then they should fix stuff, if they did not agree to fix stuff, then you have no beef.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:53 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, YOUR point is ??????????????????????????
Old 07-12-2007, 07:01 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Yes, everything that i said is 100% accurate....the reason i wanted him to talk to them is because he's pretty much a business man and is good at negotiating which is definately not my strong point.......he talked them into redoing everything and when they screwed everything up, they tried to say they did me a favor by painting them on even though it looked like pure crap....theres no way i could have accepted it the way it is, so now its back to the drawing board for them.........they said when they repaint the hood, the will call me up and i can go check it out and make sure that it matches the fenders okay before they have my stripe guy install the stripes.........
Old 07-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

dam, i'd be pissed too, especially since they said they'd re-do everything, they should do it right
Old 07-12-2007, 07:19 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

The dealership is responsible to repair a Ford factory issue. Hate to say it, but they are not responsible for your stripes. You had those installed after you bought the car, correct?

That being said...

The dealership did the honorable thing (after all the negotiations to get to that point) and offered to replace the stripes and scoop at their cost after the repaint. Since they offered to do it, and they subsequently screwed it up, it's on them to make EVERYTHING right. You have to give them credit for even offering to do this. They could have said "screw you, you replace the stripes," and you would have taken them to small claims, and possibly even lost (read your warranty booklet... no doubt there is small print on aftermarket additions somewhere).

You're coming out on top, so relax.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:24 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Actually, to a certain extent it is their problem. They are supposed to give a car in perfect condition, as a whole. It is your choice to modify or not. If your mod is the culprit, causing the car to fail, then it is not their responsibility. But in the course on them having to repair a warrantied part, they have to damage a mod, they have to pit it back as they got it. Howwere you to know of a potential part failure? That was not part of the deal. Ford has a dept. called Dispute Settlement Boardwhich is what they use internally to figure out problems between customers and their own makes (mainly for Lemon Laws) They bought back my Navigator due to the Lemon Law but I had mods that could not take off. I took off my rims but left the exhaust, alarm, chrome tow hooks, and paint on the lower unpainted portion. If the car didnt fail, I would not have to lose on those, They paid for car + those mods. Good luck and hang in there.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 PM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

what dealer was this at?

Quick Reply: Ford Warranty Work Turns Disasterous!!!!!!