finally got my rims! - MustangForums.com

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

finally got my rims!

Old 07-12-2007, 08:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default finally got my rims!

I bet ya'll were expecting some bling, bling rims. I wanted to post apicture side by side to show the difference in color. I've been waiting for a pair of 17x9 bullits for 4 weeks now and finally they came today. I was curious to see how much they weigh, so I stood on the bathroom scale with them and got 22lbs the first time and 23 the second time. That's what the stock 17x8's are suppose to weigh. The bad news is they are made in CHINA! So I could die my first pass down the track.

Will my stock center caps fit on these rims? And if so is there an easy way to get the center caps out or do you just bang'm out.

By the way, 2 17x9 rims along with two 275/50/17 tires will fit in the back of the car with the seats folded down. I'm getting them mounted and balanced tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: finally got my rims!

It doesn't look like the center caps would work....but it's easy enough to find out...yep, just bang em out!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

nice.... i like it.... great color match too.. once you get that center cap changed out it will look almost stock..

i think it would have been interesting to go with an 18" in the rear and 17" up front... i saw that on another car and it looked amazing...

...and speaking of China.. I was reading an article today about some restaurants serving cardboard, soaked in pork fat, and trying to pass it off as meat...

Old 07-12-2007, 08:46 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

wait are those just to replce the rears?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:47 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

are these for your drag radials
Old 07-12-2007, 09:04 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teksp0rt

nice.... i like it.... great color match too.. once you get that center cap changed out it will look almost stock..

i think it would have been interesting to go with an 18" in the rear and 17" up front... i saw that on another car and it looked amazing...

...and speaking of China.. I was reading an article today about some restaurants serving cardboard, soaked in pork fat, and trying to pass it off as meat...

LMFAO!!!!!!! Cardboard, that's great! 18's in the back would be cool, but not cool for ET's, these are for the track mainly.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

are these for your drag radials
Yes, just for drag radials, just for the track. If I have enough power in the future, I may run these all the time with drag radials.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

I hope that the Chinese are better at producing wheels than they are at pet food,tooth paste, seafood, and those tires that have been failing. (lol) I think they will be fine, and they're a good match.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:52 AM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: teksp0rt

LMFAO!!!!!!! Cardboard, that's great! 18's in the back would be cool, but not cool for ET's, these are for the track mainly.

if your interested here is the CNN article I was talking about.. I could not believe it either..

Chinese food 'made from cardboard'

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapc....ap/index.html
Old 07-13-2007, 01:49 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

I'm surprised the 275/50s are too low a profile for your wheels. I used my stock 235/55s on new 17" x 9" deepdish cobra r wheels and they make a perfect fit in the wheel wells (I've got eiback prokits). I'm thinking the biggist rubber I can use is 255/50s (to get the same hight I got).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally got my rims!

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.