Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS3's are coming. What to Do?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 02:28 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: LS3's are coming. What to Do?

YOu do realize a GT + supercharger = could dip into the 11's and still be cheaper than a camaro
Old 07-14-2007, 02:31 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

I don't care how fast the LS1 F-Body is, they are pile of crap cars with a good motor.

If you're all about speed (and fixing everything that breaks as a result), go for it.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:00 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2005MustangGtGuy

Am I missing something here? When was it announced that gm was putting the ls3 motor in the camaros? All Ive heard so far is rumors. Im gonna guess it will be a mid to upper 30's car if its getting the ls3
well the ls2 is getting discontinued along with a bunch of other gm motors including the lsj which i think they already stopped production of, the ls4 is getting changed so i've heard (in 2009)....i see the camaro definately being available with the ls3, possibly whatever the ls4 turns into, a base v6 model, and more than likely a limited ls7 model.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

AS a Ford man I don't even know what this whole LS1, LS2, 3, J, XYZ means! I don't WANT to know!
Maybe your loyalty to Ford isn't strong enough?[]

If you want to compare a $43K Vette to a Ford, try comparing it to the $43K GT500!
Not a GT, which needs to have a HUGE market, so don't expect much more horsepower in its base engine. You may not care about the price of gasoline but the several other hundred thousand people who buy Mustangs do!
Old 07-14-2007, 03:12 PM
zep06
2nd Gear Member

honestly ive never even heard of the ls3, it was to my understanding that gm was going to be using the ls7 which costs like 15 bajillion dollars in its self. im not gonna lie, im a recovering f-body fan.. but when gm stopped it, i went over the edge. because i knew they were going to cost an arm an a leg to own when they finally came back out.

all it is, is a big media build up. all the hype and stuff (transformers) are going to make everyone want one so bad, and last i knew gm and ford too i believe were in danger of bankruptcy??
Old 07-14-2007, 03:21 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I'll give my opinion, since I'm the most rational person on here I think. SOmeone who isn't loyal but rather realistic...

FIrst of all... Im doubting the claims on the new Camaro speed. The reason is the claims are putting it as fast or faster than the Corvette. Why would GM/Chevy kill its Corvette sales by offering a cheaper car with the same performance? Very unlikely. If the vette runs mid 12's stock, then the Camaro will not.

As for the new Camaro...

I love the new Camaro. I think it looks insanely perfect, fits my tastes perfect. As for power, like I said I doubt it will be mid 12's like the Corvette but it will be faster than the Mustang I'm sure (not by much). Anyways, its a perfect car. But wait... 42K? Loaded probably 45K? No thank you. I'd prefer a GT in a heartbeat in that case. If you want me spending over 30K on a muscle car, then it will have to be 55K for a prestigious world reknown car like the Corvette. THere is no way myself, or many people at that, will pay 42+K for a regular muscle car. And the Camaro, like the mustang, will always be a regular muscle car.

Im realistic. And unless I can afford a prestigious corvette, then you're kidding yourself to pay more than $30K on a muscle car. THe GT is perfect.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

I could seemyself in a new/newer vette, but NEVER in a Camaro!
I find those cars embarassing. I don't care if they beat me by 5 car lengths in a race. Mustangs (GTs) are a great performance bang for my buck and look sooooooooo DAMN COOOOOOOL.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:30 PM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

I agree, the new Camaro's body style is fantastic.
However I lost the hots for it after seeing interior pics.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:35 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

You guys can trust me when I say that you won't see many camaros on the road. WHen you do it will be an older guy driving who just enjoys the camaro name. It will sort of like how you don't see the Chevy SSR around much... Its cool when you do see it (I love it) but boy is it rare to actually see it...

Also, I think the Challenger will stun Camaro sales. The more popular the Camaro gets, before its even available, the more the posers will like it. More and more people will look at the Challenger as a better option.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

You guys can trust me when I say that you won't see many camaros on the road. WHen you do it will be an older guy driving who just enjoys the camaro name. It will sort of like how you don't see the Chevy SSR around much... Its cool when you do see it (I love it) but boy is it rare to actually see it...

Also, I think the Challenger will stun Camaro sales. The more popular the Camaro gets, before its even available, the more the posers will like it. More and more people will look at the Challenger as a better option.
The Challenger I thought was going to be even rarer. The Camaro actually has a V-6 variant, and the Challenger does not. That almost immediately will shoot the numbers of the camaro a lot.

Also, the Challenger is going to be around the same price as the Camaro. Limited run + IRS + 6.1 Hemi + trip tronic shifter(I think) is not a cheap car to produce.

Quick Reply: LS3's are coming. What to Do?