Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is it with this car???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 09:20 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

Default RE: what is it with this car???

I don't get revved at hardly at all. If I do, it's usually stock Hondas with fart can exhausts. I have hada couple 350Z's have a go and a Mercedes SLK280, even a Z28 SS. Beat them all...but still wish it would happen more often lol!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:03 PM
alyson7

I've only had mine 3 weeks and it happens at least once per day. Tonight for example, a honda civic that look like it had been wrecked then just painted over. Just before the light turned green, I reved it up and then took off. Every guy in that car almost got whiplash. I guess they don't think a girl can drive a GT Manual huh?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:24 PM
lew

I have similar problems with people, when I first got mine in 05 I pulled up behind a earlier Gt at a stop light I may have been on the phone or something coming home from work not paying attention to him in the slightest. But when that light turned green that guy goose it and as he did that a car pulled out from the other light and the guy just about slamed into the side of him. I kinda of laughed to myself and thought what a c lown and drove off on my way. Yes these things happen just about time I drive it. Thank god for my work rig..
Old 07-14-2007, 11:45 PM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

There are a lot of goofballs out there, and this car seems to make them want to dump a lot of fuel! I just give them plenty of room. The open road is all I want.

Sleeper2
Old 07-15-2007, 02:57 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

It's REALLY good when you've got another Mustang revving on you...

I had that happen with something that was quite obviously modded...The guy just came out of JBA Performance in San Diego, and he looks over at me and revs... I revved back, gave him the thumbs, and then shook my head, because I KNEW I'd get my butt handed to me. I think he knew it too, because he just rolled off the line to get onto the freeway, and Roooooooooooollllllllllled onto the throttle, pulling away from me in a nice powerful pull.

I've had Vettes rev on me, a guy in a Miata, and a guy in a Volkswagen GTI...I just let them go because the areas where they're trying to get me to race are known for illegal street racing, and the cops are looking for ANY excuse to impound your cars...

Old 07-15-2007, 05:34 AM
susankay1

Had an old pos charger that was a total rust bucket rev on us going to Cinn the other day. Really was quite funny, specially when he flew by in the passing lane, only to be greeted by Ohio's finest about 1/2 mile down the road. Looks said it all when we ambled on by, waving of course!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 08:03 AM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

alot of folks still dont know what a STOCK V6 looks like because even I get a punch of go fast at the red light looks.....its pretty funny especiallly when they take off and I just cruise along
Old 07-15-2007, 08:44 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moe07

ever sence i got this car it seems like everybody needs to be faster than me or something. either that or i am starting to brive like an old man. maybe its just me but it seems to me that eveybody is trying to beat me taking off at lights, just need to pass me to get in front of me so i can see how fast there car is. i don't care how fast your car, truck or p.o.s minivan is. itsnot like i drive slow. whats up with this??????
Reading your post..........I had to laugh.

Happens to me all the time on the highaway on the way to work and then coming home.

I dont acknowledge their presence when they are next to me. I think it kinda gets them upset.

These cars are quick and will jump 60' in less than 2 seconds so you need plenty of room.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Lol I've got a V6 and i get people in those little square scions flooring it just to get infront of me to show off, then i'll shift into 3rd and pass themlol, but whenever that happense my mom seems to be in the car and she gets mad if i go "fast", it kinda makes me angry that italways happens when she's in the car
Old 07-15-2007, 10:49 AM
allj
2nd Gear Member

Isn't it grand.....I do beleive it is mostly that people want a show. I have a friend that loves to rev at people in his early 1990s work mini van just to "see what they have"...

Quick Reply: what is it with this car???