Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is it with this car???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 07:17 PM
moe07
2nd Gear Member

Default what is it with this car???

ever sence i got this car it seems like everybody needs to be faster than me or something. either that or i am starting to brive like an old man. maybe its just me but it seems to me that eveybody is trying to beat me taking off at lights, just need to pass me to get in front of me so i can see how fast there car is. i don't care how fast your car, truck or p.o.s minivan is. itsnot like i drive slow. whats up with this??????
Old 07-14-2007, 07:28 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what is it with this car???

Welcome to GT-land
Old 07-14-2007, 07:29 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I have the same problem. I had an older gentleman in a 2004 Carrera try to get me going. He reved and I reved back louder and preceeded on to spank him by 2 full car lengths. Great way to start my weekend. But back to your topic, people, I think, are just trying to get you worked up so they can see you put on a show with your car. As a matter of fact, after my little deal with the Porsche, I ended up near the Beverly Hills area, and I ran into a group of about 12 or so Lambo's, from Diablo's to Gallardos and even 1 Murcielago LP460. I ended up in front line with a regular Murcielago. Now I became the guy we are talking about. I reved real hard, knowing damn well I did not stand a remote chance of ......................, however what I wanted was a show and a show I got. The front line next to me took of like a bat out of hell and the other 10 or so screamed behind them in a beautiful Italian symphony. Our cars are amazing, but you really have to give credit to the Italians for making a real piece of art. Long story short, most guys are just really giving you a compliment by trying to get you to give them a show in a car that they envy to have.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:44 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

When you see the Lambo's again...tell them I offer a car sitting service & can travel
Old 07-14-2007, 07:48 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Welcome to GT-land
actually... i would have to say S197-land... I never got reved on with my 2002 GT... Now my 2005... completely different story.... I get reved on all the time... by just about every kind of car imaginable... LOL
Old 07-14-2007, 07:49 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Seems the same way for me, and trust me the o/r x pipe + flo a/b and the steeda license plate frame don't help! Hell, today I passed a taurus on a back road (two-lane blacktop, speed limit 50, good road condition), and he got on it and stayed in my rearview mirror...we're talking 90-100 mph here...gave me a good chuckle (and no it wasn't an sho just a regular taurus)...same thing with v8 pickups, etc. Hell I had a chevy aveo tailing me yesterday in commute traffic!
Old 07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

I get revved @ all the time.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:04 PM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

holy $h!t today on the way to the beach icaught mad traffic on Jersey's Garden State Parkway ( yes we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway...welcome to jersey :P ) stop and go type of thing. no more than 2nd gear for about 30 mins. Can you believe I had a GTO and a Charger R/T tryin to get me worked up to go?! I was like...wtf? where am i supposed to go? So there these guys went revving and cuttting traffic off doin no more than 30 mph or so... and then camemy exit and i calmy pulled out with a nice rev that said peace out douchbag HaH!!! pwned
Old 07-14-2007, 08:14 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

When you are on top of the mountain, someone is always trying to knock you off....Get used to it....
Old 07-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

This happens to all of us. I once had a guy about 55 years old in a mini van rev it and floor it when the light turned green. He just made himself look like a *** cuz then of course i showed him up. LoL

Quick Reply: what is it with this car???