Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change at Dealership Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:15 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Oil Change at Dealership Today

ORIGINAL: torch red

Do your self a favor and change the oil yourself...

They are all idiots..
+1...grab some rhino ramps and a filter wrench...remember nobody cares about your car more than you...in fact most people don't care at all about your car...
Old 07-18-2007, 05:56 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: JoshyGT

But, to be sure your oil and filter were changed,before every service (oil change) I check the color of the oil and also mark my filter with a black marker. If the mark is on the filter and the oil color hasn't changed... they didn't do it and I have grounds for law suit. But this isn't the case just at the dealership, it's everywhere....
I marked my filter before my first 5000 mile stealership oil/filter
change. The first one is free. I got it back with the same filter.
When asked, they said that they normally dont change the filter
except for every other time. He could not figure out how I knew.
I said I had marked the filter and he said they come that way marked
from the factory. Then after some more complaining, he asked
if I did trust them. said no and this is why.WTF? I made them change it and
then I was 1/2 quart low and had that 1/2 quart of old oil mixed
in with the new. They did it all over after I threw a fit. New oil
AND filter the second time.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:35 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ what a bunch of scumbags...
Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 PM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

My dealer also included lifetime oil changes, as long as I maintain ALL the service with them. So basically I can get the 5k and 10k for free because I DONT expect to pay their outrages fees for the INSPECTIONS at the 15k mark. I just changed my oil at 1k on my own and it was a breeze, I am seriously considering just changing it from here on out and lose on the TWO free oil changes they offer before they hit you up with other service bills.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:59 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

I've worked at three different dealerships (Saturn, Chev and now Dodge) and trust me everyone groans when a service-contract oil change comes in (usu. the parts are handed over for cost, and everyone is expecting the customer to not buy any recommended services, just the "free", so service advisor, parts dept. and technician all get a little grumpy), so believe me, as far as making sure a good job is done, the free oil changes are at the very bottom of the list...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 PM
MalibuJerry350
1st Gear Member

Do yourself a favor and change the oil yourself. I've changed the oil and filter every 2500 to 3000 miles on my 70 Chevelle since I bought it in 1970 and it now has over 676,000 miles on it. Do the math! I now do the same on my GT. While you're under the car waiting for the oil to drain you can examine the suspension, exhaust system, wheels,etc. A good way to become familar with your vehicle. Buy a case of oil and some oil filters so you'll always have a "stash" on hand.That way, you'll be able to change the oil and filter yourself and be secure in the knowledge that it's been done correctly. Remember, to most service departments, your car is just another number....no more special than anyone elses car. Do it yourself and forget the "free oil changes". Not worth the aggravation.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:20 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I'm not saying you made this up,.......... BUT, after the "key toss" (as youstate it) The fight should have started, right, THEN and THERE.
Having a difficult time believing this happened, and you let it happen.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:31 PM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

I find this a bit funny all the posts.

I'm a service consultant for a Lexus dealer, I deal with completely different style clients then most of your Ford stores, but some complaints are all the same.

If they threw the keys on your hood like that I would have ripped them a new *** there, you should have and have every right to. I take my GT into the dealership every time for service and have never had a problem, take care of your writer and they will in turn for you, if your an ***, then you'll get treated as one. There are times where a guest has a good reason for complaint, but it should be addressed as a civil human, not as an *** hat.

Now I know that life is different working for a domestic store rather then Lexus, but trust me its always the same, except our customers will pay BIG $$$ for service.

I just could not imagine dealing with some of you, nothing personal, but sounds like a typical domestic customer, wants everything for free and wants your car to be treated as if it were the only one there.

YOU should always walk around your car with the writer and mark all flaws with him, YOU SHOULD get your car back as it were left. period.

just my 0.02
Old 07-18-2007, 08:41 PM
washburn085
2nd Gear Member

Ya, I would have ripped him a new one. While I agree with CFL that people shouldnt expect to get treated like gold, having your keys thrown on your car is insane. I almost brawled this evening when I found a bum fight like 7 ft from my car..... one of the onlooking bums was like "Hey man, its ok, this is funny". I just shot him a glare got into my car and sounded my newly installed Loudmouths....they took it elsewhere.
Anyway, never take it there again....take it to another one or Lincoln Mercury dealer if you wont do it yourself.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

I never take it to the dealership for an oil change. I usually just take it to this little shop where the owner is really cool to me.

Quick Reply: Oil Change at Dealership Today