Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Change at Dealership Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 03:11 PM
SunbearGT

Default Oil Change at Dealership Today

Hello,
I thought I would share my experience with my local Ford dealership today. I have an 06 GT and I purchased it at a time when the dealership had "free oil changes for life". I have put only 2300 miles on my car, cause I drive my VW most of the time, so the miles stay low on the Mustang. There is not ascratch onmy car. Anyway, I arrive at the dealership, after making a 9:00 am appointment last week for today. I arrive at about 8:35 am. I pull in the service line and the employee asks how he could help me and I told him that I would like an oil change and that I have a 9:00 appointment. He looks at the mileage and says, "you don't drive it too much". (Duh!) I get my oil changed every six months, since I have had my Mustang. He asked me if I will be waiting and I told him yes. I handed him the keys and started to walk to the waiting room. I heard a "clang" and a "crack", coming from my Mustang. I turned around and saw my keys sliding down the windshield of my car and coming to rest on top of the windshield wiper. The employee's arm was still outstretched and I gave him a "what the f____?" look. He turned around and went into the garage, where I could not follow. Thank God there is no damage, but I thought that was bulls*&%. The bastard tossed my keys onto my windshield from about six feet away! After waiting for about 1 1/2 hrs, I heard my name on the loudspeaker and dealt with the unfriendly cashier. She tells me that my keys are in my car and to have a nice day. I go to my car and both windows are down and the driver's seat is all the way forward. I wonder if my oil was really changed or not. What kind of a-hole would do that to someone's car? I think from now on they can keep their scummy hands off of my Mustang and I will take care of her myself. They can stick their "free oil for life" BS up theira$$. I'd like to throw that employee's keys on his car's windshield, then stick his head through it. Unreal.By the way, they had a Shelby GT500 in the showroom for $63,000...hahahahahaha...It is a shame thisincident happened today, because the last couple of timesI have been there foran oil change has been very pleasant. Should I complain about this to the dealershipby letter? Or will it fall on deafears? What do you guys think?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Oil Change at Dealership Today

Write them a letter. Even if it is ignored, I would do it, knowing that I at least attempted to let them know about the situation. And I agree that you should take care of her yourself, stay away from the stealership. Sorry to hear about your bad experience
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

I'd say something to the svc manager....I did.Theyscratched my hood and it's getting
fixed as we speak. They just don't care.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I would be a ***** about it. No one ever pays attention to the nice guy!
Old 07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
BimmerTang
1st Gear Member

Send a letter but find out who the general manager of the dealership is and send it to them.
They're more likely to do something because it's their shop (dealership) to run.
If you send it to the service manager he'll probably toss it and hope his boss (general manager) doesn't see it.

my 2 ce
Old 07-18-2007, 03:28 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

Send the letter to upper managment at the stealership. Hopefully you got the name of the ***** that tossed your keys at your car. I would have went balistic if I'dseen that douchebag do something like that to my car. Why would someone throw a set of keys at the windshield anyway?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
JoshyGT
3rd Gear Member

I do all of my work at my local Ford dealership only because if they screw ANYTHING up, they fix it. But, to be sure your oil and filter were changed,before every service (oil change) I check the color of the oil and also mark my filter with a black marker. If the mark is on the filter and the oil color hasn't changed... they didn't do it and I have grounds for law suit. But this isn't the case just at the dealership, it's everywhere....

At least of the dealership treats you badly or screws up your car, they will be sure to replace everything quickly.

My advice would be to have a nice chat with your service manager and talk to him about your concerns, in a nice manner.
Old 07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

FORGET THE LETTER!!!

Do it face to face. A letter (if it makes it to the manager's desk) will either get lost, thrown out, or looked over once and thrown away. I would have refused to leave or pay for that kind of service.

~Fletch~
Old 07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Do your self a favor and change the oil yourself...

They are all idiots..
Old 07-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

I'd would of had his *** ([sm=nothatway.gif] )and made a very large scene and left BEFORE they did anything else.

Quick Reply: Oil Change at Dealership Today