Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you park???????????????

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 11:50 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

Default Where do you park???????????????

I just went to Walmart to pick up a few items, and there are all these cars there which is abnormal for midnight. So I proceed to park away from stray carts and other cars like I always do. Well i get in and there are all the young guy/gals there waiting to buy the Harry Potter book. So,I get my items and check-out. As I am leaving out of the store, of course, some of the young guy are hanging around . I get around to where I can see my car and there's a mf cart on the front passenger fender. So, I'm already heated I just push the cart down the parking lot, and go to get in my car then I hear a guy say nice car and start laughing and I say fu(k you! And he walks up like he wants to fight or something and say what you say. And we start arguing. Anyway a few pushes were given and taken, then the cops roll up(the manager called them before all of this because of them hanging in the parking lot) and I talk to them and leave. But that just pissed me off it's nothing to fight about but I know somebody did that **** on purpose! But i'm just taking it as a part of having something nice and other people being jealous. Where do you guys park when you go to a mall, grocery stores, etc.? I just like to keep my nice looking car, looking nice! Always have and always will. My cars are more than just a form of transpotation there like friends or family, and they are like hobbies and they cost money. It wouldn't matter if I had 10 cars if it's not a beater i'm gonna take care of it.

Sorry for the long post!
Old 07-20-2007, 11:55 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Where do you park???????????????

Well said. I park way out in the back of nowhere if I can, and there have been times when a parking lot has simply been too full to park in comfortably (that is, with lots of space around me), so I just go home and try again later.

Or, you can usually at least find some businesses that don't have lots of traffic or are closed or whatever, and just park near them. Walking a block or two to keep the dings off your car is easily worth it.

Generally speaking though, I try to avoid places like Wal-Mart and stuff that are always packed. There are certain shopping malls here I never take the Stang to because their lots just aren't roomy enough. Try borrowing a lesser vehicle from someone in your family or whatever if you need to go to one of those places.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:55 PM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

I don't drive mine to places like that. If I do I park in the back 40 or beside another nice car so they are as careful as I would be.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:56 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I never go out of the way to park usually..... i figure you can easily run in and get what you came for and risk the possibility of the people next to you leaving and a new car arriving and them being stupid enough to ding my doors than to purposely park where no one else is and make the car an easy target for a cart from a long distance away and it also brings attention to yoru car to begin with...

i have no dings from doors either in the 2+ years of having the car.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:57 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

Get used to it.

There are many stories similar to to yours. Mine was just scratched a couple weeks ago by some asshat for no apparent reason. I park all alone in the middle of nowhere as well.

There are a lot of lowlifes who don't respect other peoples stuff because they don't have the ability to have it themselves. It's probably their upbringing.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:58 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

i know what u mean. funny thing is i got my quarter pannel dented at a walmart. and i was parked in the back by no other cars. some people are just aholes. nothin u can do about it. next time just leave a crobar on ur passanger seat and they wont **** with u haha.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

i usually try and park away from civilization if possible[8D]but if i must park near other cars i always try and get near an island or curb or something next to me so that only one other person can park beside me, an if i know it wont be a problem i try and take up three spaces so nobody parks near me
Old 07-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Fletch
2nd Gear Member

The trick is not to park far away and out from everyone. Park amoungst the other cars...just pay attention to what KIND of car you park next to. Some dude with a BMW is not going to put his door into you.

~Fletch~
Old 07-21-2007, 12:49 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

i usually park away from everything in sight....most of the times i park away and also get next to an island, get so close that even is some beater were to park next to your and swing the door open, they still cant hit ur car......thats what i do
Old 07-21-2007, 12:54 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Reasonably away from other vehicles, on the first available parking spot where I can at least save one side of my car.

I just hope I will never EVER have to deal with a ding in my door. And if I do, please, let me witness it... so I can get some hard cash for it. People don't think much of it, but I do. And fixing those is a pain in the wallet...I want the stang to look as best it can for a long long time. I got married in it, got my texas DL in it (have my Dutch one for almost8 years now), and we plan on never parting with it.

Quick Reply: Where do you park???????????????