Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCS... what tcs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 11:04 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: TCS... what tcs...

You will have some spin on the track, its just natural when you have a great deal of HP....you dont want excessive spinning though, which can happen accidently....if you have TCS it cuts the power and wont give it back immediately....so you times suffer a great deal.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You will have some spin on the track, its just natural when you have a great deal of HP....you dont want excessive spinning though, which can happen accidently....if you have TCS it cuts the power and wont give it back immediately....so you times suffer a great deal.
Ok...Myself, I'm not much of a drag racer (autocross is more my thing), so I don't understand why it's a bad thing. I DO know, though, that in a lot of cars, you don't want to disable the TCS...My dad's Z4 is one of them. I took a drive in that, we turned it off, and nearly spun the car around a turn. THAT TCS is intelligent. The Mustang's TCS, however, doesn't seem to be all that good. Wet roads, going 5 mph, and easing into the throttle? I can break the tires loose, no problem, get the rear end wagging, and the TCS doesn't interrupt my right foot control. Kinda lame, but not a whole lot I can do about it except try to drive slower, and get better tires than the Pirellis...
Old 07-23-2007, 02:49 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

DUDE..when you press the Button and it says OFF it means its OFF..not ON.. I think your confused..double check

ORIGINAL: Justice

Hell no... I don't touch my TCS at all. And the default is on, when you pressthe buttonyou'll see the "OFF" light up. So it is on.
I am going to try and see if I can make it go on, because if it really does not work at all I need to get it fixed. It's supposed to be there to help you stay out of those situations.

I recovered fine, but still... I was tired after work, and it could have cost me dearly. Now it was more of a warning.
"Don't let your guard down, get to comfortable with me, or I will teach you a lesson you will never forget"