Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

False Advertising

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: False Advertising

ORIGINAL: ZZmustang

Suing ford
06GT4RAD Dick
That 3 rd grade reading comprehension class was a waste, wasn't it. If you think this thread is a freaking joke , they why are you contributing to it? I didn't say anything about filling our court system with more frivolous lawsuits , I said a Class action lawsuit, that would be ONE (1)

briboiblu07
So you say ford has a 300 hp engine, and ford says it, but wear is the proof. You guys just go blindly off into whatever land it is you go, Da, Da, ta Da, Never stopping to think, Hay, If they say it's 300 maybe someone should check, if it is, yea, if it's not then don't say it is, or maybe that concept , of getting what you pay for means little.

pirrimarin
Now up until YOU started calling names this has just been a difference of opinion. You are an idiot and FU.
"Welcome to America buddy, just about EVERYTHING that's advertised nowadays is manipulated that way. "
what a stupid statement. you just made my argument and your to dumb to even know it.

s197richie
What you stated was my point . and Ford already has done it in the past. Like I said 2 or 3 times now, If there hp claim is correct, then tell the world, and if it's not also tell the world and then fix it, just like they did the old cobras.

And to all.
I have no desire to make any money whatsoever , I wouldn't take it if offered,
The point of the whole thing was holding ford accountable for it's hp claims by an independent agency. if they are true, then what’s the harm in confirming?

wow ZZ, talk about pot calling the kettle black. that is your style. When someone disagrees and post proven facts to disagree...YOU (ZZMUSTANG) result to the name calling...ironic to see you complain about the table being turned on you. on to this post...I do like the link you (ZZ)posted, has some interesting info. the rest, good debate, that has done its job to create print and use bandwith..
Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

out of all the dyno numbers you see with 260 how many of them were at sea level and at what temperature was the pull made. my suggestion is if you are that worried about it yank your engine and have it dynoed at a shop near sea level and at the temperature and humidity that ford claims it makes the 300 and then sue them if you think it is worth your while. I for one think they did a incredible job. these engines make more hp per cubic inch than any other na v8 of the big 3 companies ive ever heard of and im pushing 328 at the wheels on a 90 some odd degree day with high humidity with nothing more than bolt ons.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:39 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06tyrfryr

out of all the dyno numbers you see with 260 how many of them were at sea level and at what temperature was the pull made. my suggestion is if you are that worried about it yank your engine and have it dynoed at a shop near sea level and at the temperature and humidity that ford claims it makes the 300 and then sue them if you think it is worth your while. I for one think they did a incredible job. these engines make more hp per cubic inch than any other na v8 of the big 3 companies ive ever heard of and im pushing 328 at the wheels on a 90 some odd degree day with high humidity with nothing more than bolt ons.
I am in florida...so I am about as close to sea level you can get lol!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:42 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

DooooooDe
The car I have just don't feel like 300 HP. I don't know or have the means to check. Just asked a question about Fords Claimed hp and a class action lawsuit. if the HP claim is true, again, whats the big deal. And if it's not true, don't you want to know?

Old 07-22-2007, 03:46 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

DooooooDe
The car I have just don't feel like 300 HP. I don't know or have the means to check. Just asked a question about Fords Claimed hp and a class action lawsuit. if the HP claim is true, again, whats the big deal. And if it's not true, don't you want to know?

Well if your concerned about it, take it down to your dealer and tell them. Have them look into it, especially if your under warranty still. Then comeback here and rub it in our faces if your right. Then we will all know. There isn't anyplace near you that can give you a baseline dyno pull? It usually isn't that expensive to get a horsepower reading.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:49 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

my baseline dyno pull before mods

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/2F85918669EE4D9E8B268642CE056B8B.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

briboiblu07
I’m not even concerned about itand don't really care, It was just a topic for discussion just like every other topic on this forum. why don’t you tell all the rest of the people that make a post about a subject "that if your concerned about it, then take it to your dealer". How do you paint strips, "take it to your dealer, how do you paint your side mirrors, "take it to your dealer.
I could care less about the hp claim of ford. Hears an idea why don't you just not respond. and if you have a question take it to the moderators and Have them look into it, Then comeback here and rub it in our faces if your right. Sounds pretty dumb , don't it?
Old 07-22-2007, 04:05 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

this isn't another 99 cobra lawsuit.i the 3v motor in fact makes more than 300 crank horsepower

Old 07-22-2007, 04:08 PM
briboiblu07
1st Gear Member

briboiblu07
I’m not even concerned about itand don't really care, It was just a topic for discussion just like every other topic on this forum. why don’t you tell all the rest of the people that make a post about a subject "that if your concerned about it, then take it to your dealer". How do you paint strips, "take it to your dealer, how do you paint your side mirrors, "take it to your dealer.
I could care less about the hp claim of ford. Hears an idea why don't you just not respond. and if you have a question take it to the moderators and Have them look into it, Then comeback here and rub it in our faces if your right. Sounds pretty dumb , don't it?
I wasn't being an a**hole. Your the one that said you don't think your engine has 300hp! That is why I suggested taking it to the dealer, we can't do anything about it.If you read, I also asked if there was a place that could give you a base dyno reading.So here is an idea, if you don't care, why don't you not post a thread about it and waste everyones time. I was giving you a suggestions, not being sarcastic.

So are you going to make threats against me like you did here?

[/quote]ORIGINAL: ZZmustang

pirrimarin
Fu again DA. My knife means I will cut your name in to
my 10 gage says I'll blow your Fen head off. come see me. stop replying if you don't like the thread, dip Sheeeet
And I'm not your buddy either, by the way. = KMA 2-to-too,two

[/quote]

Your the one getting defensive and violent over a "topic of discussion" and sounding pretty "dumb".
Old 07-22-2007, 04:09 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

If your car dont feel right, then you may very well have a problem that needs to be remedied byford. My opinion going by what my car puts out, my wifes car puts out and every other mustang that I personally know of is in the proper range for hp. I feel these cars as a whole puts out the hp that they claim. not saying that there may be a few that dont for one reason or another. as far as to the rear wheels if you put heavier tires and wheels do a dyno pull during adverse weather conditions your numbers will be dissapointing, another thing is there could also be a brake caliper hanging up, parking brake drag, differential preload set too tight causing additional drag. there are many things that could cause your car not to perform like you think it should. my car runs good, but my wifes car ran better than mine when we had the same mods and pulled better mph at the track. mine seemed to have more resistance in the rear differential. wouldnt take much to kill a few hp and knock the mph down a couple. my suggestion is drive a simialar car and see if it feels the same as yours. I dont know what mods you have, but I have even seen mice make a nest in the stock air box of the s197and make one doggy. If your car aint up to par, I would definately have it checked out I dont think you may just have an isolated case of the doggy mustang. all I know to say is good luck and if there is a problem hopefully you get it resolved

Quick Reply: False Advertising