MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   drove a 05 today was not impressed. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/32137-drove-a-05-today-was-not-impressed.html)

grabbem88 01-22-2005 06:18 PM

drove a 05 today was not impressed.

the ford dealer ship had five of them sitting out front.
they have been getting them right and left,and selling them quick!
so i told the wife to stop over there i want to see them.
salesman came out started his talk......i told him i'm not buying
he said so.. want to drive anyway?
i said sure..........anyways i took it where i fart around at.
i wasn't sure what his reaction of me hammering was going to be
so i fed 1st a little then said to myself what the hell,and cracked 2nd brokem loose
hit third hard which to my surprise was no slop in it.as soon as i tagged 4th i had to let off
to my surprise it was only 95mph! i shifted at 5500rpm by the way.
i don't know guy's maybe it was because of my car...i was expecting more out of it.
if i didn't have my car would i buy one?....hell ya i did like the feel of it,the interior was
sweet.plus i like how the ergonomics were too,great arm to shifter feel.
i thought i'd share this with ya,good car just not my seat of pants good feel.

98LS1 01-22-2005 07:28 PM

RE: drove a 05 today was not impressed.

It traps around 100 mph....it doesn't have a lot up top.

td1320 01-22-2005 08:01 PM

My Automatic Revs all the wayto 6800 thanks to a re-flash and it only falls off a couple hp after 5500. The stock computer falls off sharp after 5500. There is plenty top end you just have to find it. The factory hid it. It's a secret. Shhhh

grabbem88 01-22-2005 08:05 PM

let me clarify something i like the car,maybe some 3.73's it would benefit it's not so luster take off
for $22,500 it's worth it,just not me that's all.

td1320 01-22-2005 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

let me clarify something i like the car,maybe some 3.73's it would benefit it's not so luster take off
for $22,500 it's worth it,just not me that's all.
I'm not trying to sell you on it but I think it's important to let you know that this is a drive by wire throttle. The computer decides how much throttle it wants to give based on your wish not command. The re-flash does this car a world of good. I had a 2000 lightning that shifted into second like a sissy. when I installed a Superchips chip it laid 20 foot black marks in second. I'm just saying Ford is very conservative on it's tune of the 05 GT and the throttle has to be worked around with a re-flash. I know because I almost got stuck in the snow till I took the traction control off and spun my way out of the mess. The computer kept shutting the throttle on me and it took too long to get it back to rock the thing out. If you drove mine you would probably have a different first impression. Well thats my two cents..

grabbem88 01-22-2005 08:22 PM

this one one was a five speed so would there be a difference? before anybody asks how i can get it so cheap is,because
i'm a supplier...i make parts for all fords,g.m,dodge,honda,toyota,jaguar,weed eaters,chain saws,ect,ect...........i'm an aluminium
diecaster.

td1320 01-22-2005 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: grabbem88

this one one was a five speed so would there be a difference? before anybody asks how i can get it so cheap is,because
i'm a supplier...i make parts for all fords,g.m,dodge,honda,toyota,jaguar,weed eaters,chain saws,ect,ect...........i'm an aluminium
diecaster.
I think there is a huge difference between them which is why I baught an Automatic. I drove my buddies stick and it was okay. I liked making it bark the tires but you can't shift it as fast as my car shifts itself. I'll put money on it. Plus like I said in the post about the Auto Gt.. the Auto has about .22 less drop between first and second so it keeps the RPM's up between shifts. Thats why it pulls so hard. The o4 Mustang GT or Mach wouldn't know how to act with this transmission in it's place.

grabbem88 01-22-2005 10:31 PM

ok you have a point,but i'm talking about test driving off the lot.

ninja205 01-23-2005 02:39 PM

so what model '05 did you test drive? was it the V6 or the V8!

grabbem88 01-23-2005 03:30 PM

it was a v8 wouldn't drive anything else.......it was that charcoal mineral color.