Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush stage 3... is there an auto tranny available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 09:08 AM
zep06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush stage 3... is there an auto tranny available?

ORIGINAL: olvanish
sounds like someone is trying to be too many, not trying to point fingers at anyone. from what i remember most OG muscle cars came with either 3 or 4 speed automatic. from what i've witnessed, my bone stock GT auto (at that time) smoked a bone stock GT manual (i know somebody is gonna try to tell me that the guy didn't know how to shift and all... trust me i know the guy and he does know how to shift). From what i know both, manual and auto, are 5 speed and automatic does take less time to shift than you with your extra pedal. Oh and btw M3's do not have the manual option anymore, I wonder why??? they must be girl cars now.
P.S. I don't see why people hate on automatics.. that's old fashinoned. back in 80's whenauto was 4 speed on most cars andmanual was five, it really was quicker. Nowadays mercedes pops up with 7 spd auto, say anything you wanna say, there's no way you'llbeat that if they throw in a 6 spd manual in it. race me with your 5spd and when you see my tail lights ill wave at you with my other free hand while you'll be double clutchin yo a$$ off.
[/quote]

what do you mean M3's dont have a manual option? is this the new M3 thats not out yet that you are talking about, or the E46, because ive seen the $46 manual a million times... and i highly doubt they will eliminate it in the new model coming out..
Old 07-25-2007, 10:04 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

To quote our Governator "Sounds like a girlie man to me". Yes, the Saleen S281 SC is available with an automatic transmission(so you won't spill your Latte while talking on the cell[8D]).
I've always said, there are two kinds of drivers, stick-shift people and non-stick-shift people. To me buying a Mustang with an automatic is like buying a Porsche, Corvette or a Ferrari with an automatic trans. Some people(like myself) are just old-fashioned when it comes to a performance car. Automatics are for trucks/suvs, sedans and minivans IMO
Those other cars you mentioned are not even in the same league as the Mustang so that comparison is out the door. Also some people may have issue with driving a stick shift. I know i do. I know how to drive one but do to my disability it simply is not the safe or smart thing to do. Also my wife does not know how to drive a stick so buying a car with a stick in it would be pointless for us.

I really get tired of this closed minded approach to cars. It is the same when you mention 20's god forbid someone else likes something that wasn't popular in the60-70's. The so called purists who think that the 2005-07 is a old school car and should have the same wheels and tires on it that they did back then. Time to step into today.

Richard
Old 07-25-2007, 10:09 AM
01Steed
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: redxls

no. I tried that year ago with roush direct. they discussed it and called me back. no dice. roush does not have the gov't license needed to sell the stage 3 as an automatic. do what I did. order a gt exactly the way you want it and build your own car.
It haslittle, if anything,to do with the gov't. Roush didn't even bother with calibration of an auto because the 5R55 is a hunk of junk. While the auto's fuel economy is slightly less than the manual, this was not the key reason for not offering an auto.