Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush stage 3... is there an auto tranny available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Default Roush stage 3... is there an auto tranny available?

Lately I've been finding out different things about ford new vehicle warranty and how it gets affected by modifications and it's been quite a disappointment. Anyway, now I'm thinking about simple buying something faster and 427R was the first one to cross my mind. Only thing is I don't know if it comes with automatic tranny because here in LA manual is a b#%!$ to drive. Also does S281 SC have automatic as an option?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:58 PM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush stage 3... is there an auto tranny available?

im not sure about the stage 3 but at the ford across from my dealership I have seen an auto roush and an auto saleen.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:13 PM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

special order one.or buy a regular GT and build up your own.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:23 PM
redxls
2nd Gear Member

no. I tried that year ago with roush direct. they discussed it and called me back. no dice. roush does not have the gov't license needed to sell the stage 3 as an automatic. do what I did. order a gt exactly the way you want it and build your own car.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:26 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: olvanish

Lately I've been finding out different things about ford new vehicle warranty and how it gets affected by modifications and it's been quite a disappointment. Anyway, now I'm thinking about simple buying something faster and 427R was the first one to cross my mind. Only thing is I don't know if it comes with automatic tranny because here in LA manual is a b#%!$ to drive. Also does S281 SC have automatic as an option?
To quote our Governator "Sounds like a girlie man to me". Yes, the Saleen S281 SC is available with an automatic transmission(so you won't spill your Latte while talking on the cell[8D]).
I've always said, there are two kinds of drivers, stick-shift people and non-stick-shift people. To me buying a Mustang with an automatic is like buying a Porsche, Corvette or a Ferrari with an automatic trans. Some people(like myself) are just old-fashioned when it comes to a performance car. Automatics are for trucks/suvs, sedans and minivans IMO
Old 07-25-2007, 02:18 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

ORIGINAL: olvanish

To quote our Governator "Sounds like a girlie man to me". Yes, the Saleen S281 SC is available with an automatic transmission(so you won't spill your Latte while talking on the cell[8D]).
I've always said, there are two kinds of drivers, stick-shift people and non-stick-shift people. To me buying a Mustang with an automatic is like buying a Porsche, Corvette or a Ferrari with an automatic trans. Some people(like myself) are just old-fashioned when it comes to a performance car. Automatics are for trucks/suvs, sedans and minivans IMO
sounds like someone is trying to be too many, not trying to point fingers at anyone. from what i remember most OG muscle cars came with either 3 or 4 speed automatic. from what i've witnessed, my bone stock GT auto (at that time) smoked a bone stock GT manual (i know somebody is gonna try to tell me that the guy didn't know how to shift and all... trust me i know the guy and he does know how to shift). From what i know both, manual and auto, are 5 speed and automatic does take less time to shift than you with your extra pedal. Oh and btw M3's do not have the manual option anymore, I wonder why??? they must be girl cars now.
P.S. I don't see why people hate on automatics.. that's old fashinoned. back in 80's whenauto was 4 speed on most cars andmanual was five, it really was quicker. Nowadays mercedes pops up with 7 spd auto, say anything you wanna say, there's no way you'llbeat that if they throw in a 6 spd manual in it. race me with your 5spd and when you see my tail lights ill wave at you with my other free hand while you'll be double clutchin yo a$$ off.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:21 AM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rainson

special order one.or buy a regular GT and build up your own.
That's what i was planning to do but i recently found out about the warranty issues if you customize your car (even if it's done by the dealer). I posted about that the other night, that's why i wanna switch to something else. I was trying to get them to build one for me but they say if they do that and lets say i buy it with a saleen SC on it, it will come with no warranty on the powertrain
Old 07-25-2007, 03:24 AM
MirandaRae
2nd Gear Member

yeah I know about the customization thing... I was thinking about getting the ford racing v6 performance pkg... but what sucks is that the only dealership that offers it is about a half hour from me and my service advisor at ford said that my current dealership isnt certified for maintmance on that so I would have to go all the way over there...when the ford I go to is about 50 ft from my work.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:26 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Sorry, I love my Mustang, but buying an auto Mustang is totally different from buying an auto Porshe, Vette or Ferarri. Youre right, it doesnt make much sense to buy those cars in auto, but a Mustang isnt in the same class as those cars. Mustangs are built for mild performance with other things in mind as well, like a backseat, a trunk, gas mileage, etc. All of the other cars you mentioned were built strictly for performance. And I really wish people would get this idea out of their head that just because a car is an auto its not fast.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:59 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Personally I could care less whether people buy the auto or the manaul mustang, as long as they enjoy it. Don't try to tell me that a stock GT Auto is faster than a stock GT Manual though.

Quick Reply: Roush stage 3... is there an auto tranny available?