Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's "GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE?"

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What's "GT UPFITTERS PACKAGE?"

I'm with you. Seems excessive.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:14 AM
paulsoo217
1st Gear Member

Ahhh, that explains it and it now makes a whole lot of sense.

I found those invoice price on www.edmunds.com, and I found the package from the ford's website, I searched dealerships' inventory and check the sticker they provide online. Pretty cool, now we can see all the stickers on any ford in the states. Try it out!
Old 07-25-2007, 03:54 AM
kinglasher
2nd Gear Member

well i still think that if your a mod freak (yes I am and proud of it) them get yourself a GT and turn it into your own creation. Moding a Shelby or so is messing with someone elseswork i'd say. in the end it'll never be yours but still a shelby. Now if you want to skip the time money headaches and of course all the fun then i say spend it all at once and get the whole shebang as long as it makes you happy.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

It's not listed in the documentation, but it also includes a different front and rear bumber. I believe the same one as the GT/CS.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kinglasher

well i still think that if your a mod freak (yes I am and proud of it) them get yourself a GT and turn it into your own creation. Moding a Shelby or so is messing with someone elseswork i'd say. in the end it'll never be yours but still a shelby. Now if you want to skip the time money headaches and of course all the fun then i say spend it all at once and get the whole shebang as long as it makes you happy.
+1...you are much better off, in my opinion, getting a base GT and making ot your own....you will have a faster, nicer looking car for less money. It wont be a Shelby, but it will be even rarer....it will be yours!
Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
07GT4.6
1st Gear Member

I built my own how i wanted and saved some doughand mine is one of one LOL.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:20 PM
fireguyty
1st Gear Member

I just bought my 07 and the had some of these at the dealership. They where only in white or black, so that does follow that they are a prep for Shelby. Also I noticed that they have no GT badges on the side and no fake gas cap or spoiler on the trunk. Im not saying its worth the 2K, but it did look clean with out the extra badging.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:51 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

3.55 gears are now a $300.00 option for 2008 models.
Yeah and they SUCK...anyone who isn't running at least a 3.73 needs to find a buddy who's done the swap and go for a ride...I was all excited about my 3.55 option, what a ****! Like I've said before, it might as well have been the 3.08s over the 2.73s in the old foxes...

speaking of options...damn I would've taken much less car for less $$$ if I could have...the nonfunctional hood scoop, CDplayer, cruise control, the information center, tpms, etc. etc...less bells and whistles = more mod $$...hell I would've given up the back seat, air bags etc. if I could have lol...
Old 07-26-2007, 08:53 PM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

Yeah and they SUCK...anyone who isn't running at least a 3.73 needs to find a buddy who's done the swap and go for a ride...I was all excited about my 3.55 option, what a ****! Like I've said before, it might as well have been the 3.08s over the 2.73s in the old foxes...

speaking of options...damn I would've taken much less car for less $$$ if I could have...the nonfunctional hood scoop, CDplayer, cruise control, the information center, tpms, etc. etc...less bells and whistles = more mod $$...hell I would've given up the back seat, air bags etc. if I could have lol...
+1 to EVERYTHING!
Old 07-26-2007, 10:14 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

I happen to love my 3.55, and most lilkely wouldnt go any shorter. With 420+ ft/lbs of torque 3.55 is a perfect gear. 03/04 cobras come with 3.55, gt-500 comes with 3.55..... when you are pushing a lot of torque a shorter gear just isnt so great.

Also.... off bottle i ran an 07 mustang with the same basic bolt ons as me at the time, except he had 4.10's to my 3.55's. He jumped me by about a car in a half through first and second, in the middle of third i blew by him like he was standing still. He accused me of spraying, we went in the trunk to prove to him i didntand the bottle opener was off the bottle, and the bottle was closed.

I would "consider" 3.73's, never 4.10's, way too short. I am perfectly content with my 3.55's