Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little hope for those with orders outstanding

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Aquaman2005

Default A little hope for those with orders outstanding

Hey I thought that I tell those that would like to hear something good concerning the ordering delays on the gt. There are still GT's with the IUP being delivered to the dealerships that noone has bought yet. My story, I ordered a GT on 1-4-05 it was silver with IUP and red interior, manual tranny, and 500 watt shaker. After I ordered it I started reading on the web about all the production delays/lawsuits stuff. So I knew I wasnt going to get my car when I wanted it. So I started digging and called all the dealerships within a 5 state radius. At first No one had my car, or GT's for that matter. But after 3 weeks of searching I found a listing on autotrader for a satin silver in Gainsville, Tx, so I called them up. Is it red Int? yes. Manual tranny I asked. Yes. do you honor X plan? yes. Spoken for? nope. OK ma'am here is my CC # Ill be there in 2 days to pick it up. SSWWEEEEEETTTT!!!! They had took delivery on it earlier in the week and when I got there the Sales girl said that there was a lot of "sorry it already sold"'s to people and dealerships all over the state. The only downside was that It had the 1000 watt stereo so I had to pay a little more, but man that 1000W rocks!!!!!!! So dont give up out there. there maybe a car sitting on a lot somewhere!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 01:23 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: A little hope for those with orders outstanding

Damn, you must have been really lucky to get that one! It's exactly the same car too... right? That's awesome. Best of luck.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:02 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

Thats how I got mine. I left my number with 5 dealers around my area and as it turned out some guy ordered from two different dealers at the same time. My dealer called me and said they had a torch red with red interior fully loaded auto and nobody knows it's still for sale. I went straight there and it still had the blue plastic on the bumpers and the center caps in the trunk. I put a contract on it that minute and the service manager went to look at it and he said 20 minutes into preping it he found out it was sold to me. I think he really wanted it. Thats what you have to deal with right now. Employees are buying them up when they pull them in for prep. But everybody should keep looking. You never know what you might find.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:17 PM
05SatinSilver
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aquaman2005

So dont give up out there. there maybe a car sitting on a lot somewhere!!!!!!!
How true this is. I have one on order, Legend Lime Green. But, I also figured out that with all of the current issues, I won't see my Stang unitl June! Checked around and found my soon-to-be SatinSilver, sitting on a lot! IUP, ICAP, Anti-Theft, 17" Bright Wheels, Stick, Shaker 1000. It was sitting on the lot for almost a month! East coast, so maybe that's why? Not many people walking into a dealer on the East Coast buying GT's right now. Although I also didn't want the 1000 stereo, or Silver ( I just had a silver vehicle for 4 years) I couldn't pass this one up! Plus, I got a Super deal from a Super dealer. I fly out to get it on 2/3 and I can't wait to make the 400+ mile trip home. I just hope the weather holds up and there's no snow?
Keeping my fingers crossed, weather-wise,
Dave...
Old 01-23-2005, 05:49 PM
brainhud

how long will it take to get a GT when ordered. i ordered mine before christmas, made a few changes to the packaging, and still haven't heard any word on a delivery date. the dealership i go through has in the past 2 months only gotten about 3 GT's in for regular stock, nothing i wanted. i ordered a screaming yellow GT, fully loaded, shaker 1000 and everything, but with no leather entirior.
Old 01-23-2005, 07:04 PM
Aquaman2005

Rockthepony Yea it was the exact same car only with the 1000W stereo and also it had side air bags,which I didnt have on the one I ordered. It came out to be about 1500 bucks more than the one I ordered but its worth it to me to have it now instead of God only know when!

Brainhud if you ordered your GT with the IUP, well, read some of the threads in here, It could be a while. I read of some that ordered in Late Oct and they still dont have their car yet.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:28 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

That was me. I ordered my on 10/30 and the dealer still has no status. I called Ford and I am suppose to meet with the Sales Manager today. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:24 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

I just spoke to the Sales Manager and the status of my car is "Submitted to Plant" ( they have a serial number ) which means they pulled the order ( on 1/13/05 ) It has not gone to production yet. He expects the car to be in the end of Feb. My brother ordered one 1 day after me and he may not get his GT until March.

He told me that Ford if pushing the V6s and the dealers in my area are getting ticked off and have agreed not to take more V6's. They want the GTs. If seems whoever plans the roll out of these cars thought the V6s would go like crazy. Now they have too many and they are holding back on the GTs. I can not believe it since all of the advertising has been on the GT.

At least I see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:57 AM
broke88
1st Gear Member

Man they have V-6 central here in Savannah, they can't give them away. Like you said, we all are waiting for the GT's.

Broke88
Old 01-26-2005, 12:27 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

The dealership by me has5 200 5 mustangs. 4 V6s and 1 GT automatic. The GT came in in mid-October and they have not sold it yet. Most of the people buying the GTs want the 5 speed. I bet that we will start to see incentives soon if they don't move these V6s soon.

Quick Reply: A little hope for those with orders outstanding