MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Almost died or killed someone yesterday... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/322365-almost-died-or-killed-someone-yesterday.html)

mAnYsTyLeS 07-25-2007 12:05 PM

Almost died or killed someone yesterday...

I slammed on the gas to go through the yellow light so it wouldn't catch me on red and then all of a sudden my gas pedal got stuck and kept accelerating.

After a few seconds of slightly ****ting my pants I realized what the problem was and moved my rubber mat from leaning on the pedal and then finally applied the brake. If there was a person, building or car in front of me - it was over.

For the next hour I did not give one crap about mods for my car...after that, themod-bug came back [&o]

banka87 07-25-2007 12:06 PM

RE: Almost died or killed someone yesterday...

Check the hooks on the mats!

mAnYsTyLeS 07-25-2007 12:09 PM

It was the rubber mats that go over the hooked mats. Mine are made by WeatherTech and are very heavy. I just had my car washed and the idiots must have shifted them. Then again, I'm an idiot for not checking.

ORIGINAL: banka87

Check the hooks on the mats!

06VistaBlueGT 07-25-2007 12:22 PM

I had the exact same thing happen.I have ford racing mats in mine, they don't have a grommet for the hook. I was being tailgated on my way to work, went over a set of RR tracks, downshifted and floored it to put some space between us. Pedal stuck to the floor. I turned the car off, pulled over, hit the pedal and it came back up. I got back on the road, got on it again and it did the same thing. Finally realized the bottom of the pedal was just barely catching the mat. Moved the mat back and all is fine. I always check the mat now when I get in the car.

banka87 07-25-2007 12:22 PM

Your still alive, the beast is in one piece. That's all that matters.

PLstang 07-25-2007 12:25 PM

Wow, scratch the new floor matt mod!

banka87 07-25-2007 12:26 PM

The floor mat mod kicks the **** out of the bad driver mod!

47Magic 07-25-2007 12:39 PM

double sided velcro tape should take care of shifting mats.
good luck

whippit 07-25-2007 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 06VistaBlueGT

I had the exact same thing happen.I have ford racing mats in mine, they don't have a grommet for the hook. I was being tailgated on my way to work, went over a set of RR tracks, downshifted and floored it to put some space between us. Pedal stuck to the floor. I turned the car off, pulled over, hit the pedal and it came back up. I got back on the road, got on it again and it did the same thing. Finally realized the bottom of the pedal was just barely catching the mat. Moved the mat back and all is fine. I always check the mat now when I get in the car.
I just bought some Ford Racing floor mats for my car last week and they have a hole for the hook on the drivers side floor mat. I am guessing Ford had corrected this problem with their mats.

06VistaBlueGT 07-25-2007 01:13 PM

I didn't get them from the dealership. They're cheap Autozone imitations. They're about worn out, will have to check at the dealership for replacements.