Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant pass inspection

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:42 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: cant pass inspection

+1 to florida
Old 07-26-2007, 08:27 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

^^^ only problem is, since there's also no vehicle inspection, there are a lot of unsafe, rusted out junky cars on the road, endangering our mustangs...and usually driven by people who have no insurance but haven't been caught yet (in FL no insurance = no license), and don't have a pot to pi$$ in to boot...so they smack into you and your insurance gets to clean up the whole mess. When I was in CT I hated the inspections for all vehicles over ten years old, plus vehicles brought in from out of state...well that was when I drove older cars and had to sweat the inspections. Nowadays, I would LOVE a mandatory annual state safety inspection in FL!
Old 07-26-2007, 09:43 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac24

are you guys tellin me that if i get cold air and tune,that i cant pass emissions.
No you should pass the sniffer emissions tests no problems,most tuners will turn off the rear O2 Sensors
and this will fail in states that do the OBDII test where they read your computer to test if all the monitors are working.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Tn. has OBDII testing and even with my many mods, cams, L/T;s etc, I pass. As long as the tune leaves all of the o2 sensors active and you don't have a check engine light, you are good, and should even pass a sniff test. If the tune has the rears turned off, you will not pass the OBDII test, as the Spanish Oak will reflect that it has an incomplete self test. If you load, or reload the tune before you go for a test, you have to do a couple hundred miles before the OBDII test reflect as complete, even on a factory tune. It takes that long for the processor to pass the self test and record it as completed and good.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:39 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Why would some tunes disable the O2 sensors for just an intake, and you still have factory cats?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:17 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sycd

Why would some tunes disable the O2 sensors for just an intake, and you still have factory cats?
The JLT II and C&L have larger MAFs and intake tubes, and most of these tunes tend to be on the rich side because these motors like to be a little rich. although the downside is that at WOT some people have got a CEL when the O2 Sensors are turned on.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:05 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

This was very useful info here. Thanks
Old 07-27-2007, 12:14 AM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Spdfreak

Meh, we don't even HAVE emmissions in this state. No cats, no worries.
Yea, I love living in a state where we don't have to mess with that. (SC)
Old 07-27-2007, 12:20 AM
07USAFGT
1st Gear Member

Here in TX there are no emissions testing either....they look under the car for CATS, and thats it. I get by fine with CAI and tune!
Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 AM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

Haha, apparently none of you live cali... interesting.. Nothing passes here, Most of the time its good on the test but not on inspection which is bs.. but something about going to a referee station which can allow you to get it setup.. still looking into this. If someone knows how to get a turbo car smogged in cali. pm me.

Quick Reply: cant pass inspection