MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Mickey Thompson ET Streets (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/322662-mickey-thompson-et-streets.html)

Diabolical! 07-25-2007 09:34 PM

Mickey Thompson ET Streets

WOW. For anyone considering buying a spare pair of wheels and a pair of M/T ET Streets, DO IT. I had 18" fanblades, and they looked great, but I couldn't find a quality slick for an 18" rim, so I bought a set of stock 17" rims and two extra wheels and slicks from Brenspeed. I just had my slicks mounted onthe spare pair of wheels and they will sit in my garage until tracks days. If you want to see what they look like mounted, here you go:

(Don't worry, I'm not dumb enough to be driving with these on the street. I just put them on long enough to take some good pics.)

[IMG]local://upfiles/42257/F2B8626718D34D3797DD523A1ABAD6B0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42257/AFF1590CE8B54D8C98FD5C12635161F7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42257/320E464646304D5EAD2C3031EDF42E7B.jpg[/IMG]

s2k 07-25-2007 10:05 PM

RE: Mickey Thompson ET Streets

Looks sweet. I want the nitto 555r for the street I heard they're supposed to be decent. I like the mickeys on your stang though. Did you notice a diff going from 18 to 17?

Diabolical! 07-25-2007 10:13 PM

With 17"s and street tires on all four corners, I dropped a solid tenth off of my 1/4 mile compared to the 18"s. I haven't had a chance to run the slicks at the track yet, but I'll post the results when I do.

Stoenr 07-25-2007 10:16 PM

[sm=smiley20.gif]
[sm=gears.gif]
I had to relearn how to launch when I switched to drag radials. Totally different for me at least.
Im kinda confused.
In the pic it looks like you have the 17" wheels.
What happened to the fanblades?

You only said you bought 2, spare wheels, but in the pic looks like all 4?
Did you swap the blades for the 17"s and then buy 2 extras?
I have the fanblades on in the summer, 17" bullits in the winter with snow tires. After winter I take 2 snows off and mount my dragradials on them.
Sure 2 different wheels on the car at the strip, but its not a beauty contest Im trying to win, lol.

Can tell when you launch what rims are on it anyway, lol
I dont have any pics tho, hmmm. Ill need to make sure I snap a few next time.
Have a video of me over doing the burnout for my son.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zXs5_ZOIA&eurl=

wingman75 07-25-2007 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024
WOW. For anyone considering buying a spare pair of wheels and a pair of M/T ET Streets, DO IT. I had 18" fanblades, and they looked great, but I couldn't find a quality slick for an 18" rim, so I bought a set of stock 17" rims and two extra wheels and slicks from Brenspeed. I just had my slicks mounted on the spare pair of wheels and they will sit in my garage until tracks days. If you want to see what they look like mounted, here you go:

(Don't worry, I'm not dumb enough to be driving with these on the street. I just put them on long enough to take some good pics.)
Great but how do they perform on the track. I have to get some traction my stock Perellis just spin out of control. I'm going to do like you and get a pair of wheels to match my 17" stockers and get BFGoodrich g-Force T-A Drag Radials. I've heard good things about them.

06tyrfryr 07-25-2007 11:04 PM

M T drag radials are by far the best. I have the mt and we just bought a pair of the nittos for my wifes car. she spins them pretty bad. I do hear the nittos will outlast the mts if driving on the street though. Bf goodrich looks good and I cant personally say how they work because I have not ran them but a friend of mine has and he switched to the mts and it hooks a lot better.

Diabolical! 07-25-2007 11:18 PM

ORIGINAL: 06tyrfryr

M T drag radials are by far the best. I have the mt and we just bought a pair of the nittos for my wifes car. she spins them pretty bad. I do hear the nittos will outlast the mts if driving on the street though. Bf goodrich looks good and I cant personally say how they work because I have not ran them but a friend of mine has and he switched to the mts and it hooks a lot better.
Mine aren't radials, they're tubeless and non-radial. I don't know how in the hell mickey thompson got these tires DOT approved, they're basically just slicks with a couple of tiny slits cut into them. I would NEVER run these on the street. It just isn't safe. Plus, if you run over a nail, they're garbage.

Diabolical! 07-25-2007 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Stoenr

Did you swap the blades for the 17"s and then buy 2 extras?

Exactly. The fanblades are for sale. (Copy and paste the link in my sig if interested.;))

Diabolical! 07-25-2007 11:21 PM

ORIGINAL: wingman75

Great but how do they perform on the track.
I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to run them.:)

Stoenr 07-26-2007 12:15 AM

[sm=bangbang.gif]