MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Going back to the dealer for an issue already... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/322754-going-back-to-the-dealer-for-an-issue-already.html)

seniorsmith 07-26-2007 01:43 AM

Going back to the dealer for an issue already...

I made a post sometime ago in reference to an ANNOYING ASS wheel or suspension squeak. I'm 100% sure it's the wheel.

It onlyused to do it periodically and only really noticed it on cooler/damp mornings. Within the last day or two it has gotten significantly worse. It is f*cking constant now and more annoying than ever. I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow and I don't care what it takes. When I pick it back up the squeak better be gone. I love my car, but when I hear the f*cking squeaking sound it is so loud and embarrasing, I feel like I'm driving a piece of sh*t.

I also noticed that it goes away momentarily when I turn left (or maybe it was right).

olvanish 07-26-2007 01:46 AM

RE: Going back to the dealer for an issue already...

See that's why I don't know if I should get a Saleen suspension for mine because mine is not that noticeable but it's there and might get worse anytime. F%@$!@swill probably blameit on that.

seniorsmith 07-26-2007 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: olvanish

See that's why I don't know if I should get a Saleen suspension for mine because mine is not that noticeable but it's there and might get worse anytime. F%@$!@swill probably blameit on that.
I'm sure they will...

I had mine in for it's first 1,500 mi service/inspection a while ago. I told them about the squeak then, at that time it was barely noticeable and only did it on occassion. I assumed it was the suspension. Anyway, when I picked it up, the service department manager said, "Ya, it's the aftermarket Flowmasters. Probably justa hanger squeaking."

He made it sound as though they were certain so I took his word for it. When I got home, I shook the sh*t out of my Flowmaster's not a sound. At that time it wasn't that big of an issue, however with the way it is now, when I go back tomorrow I don't want to hear any bullsh*t. I'm surewhenever these f*ckers see anything aftermarket onour cars, they don't bother checking anything, they just point and say - "There's the problem."

I just wanna start swingin' on 'em.

ilmor 07-26-2007 06:11 AM

When you say the "wheel" is squeaking, what exactly are you referring to?

Rdot9 07-26-2007 06:16 AM

I've got a rattling coming from my mufflers, the dealership put them on so im assuming they'll fix it but i still cant figure where exactly its coming from and it keeps getting louder[:o]and i'm kinda embarassed by it, when i drive by people it's a nice car but as soon as i slow down and hit 40mph[:@]that evil rattling noise is back

05Retro 07-26-2007 06:26 AM

I just ran into a weird noise on my wifes Chrysler 300. When we were going down a road I heard something kick up under the car. All of a sudden their seemed to be a grinding noise and a tinny rattle that made the car sound like a bucket of bolts. I went home took the tire off on the side where the noise seemed to be coming from and it was just what I thought it might be. A small rock got in between the rotor and the inside rotor metal shield. Talk about embarrrassing noises.The grindingnoise also became worse when I turned the wheel one way as opposed to the other.

s2k 07-26-2007 09:20 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: seniorsmith

ORIGINAL: olvanish

I'm sure they will...

I had mine in for it's first 1,500 mi service/inspection a while ago. I told them about the squeak then, at that time it was barely noticeable and only did it on occassion. I assumed it was the suspension. Anyway, when I picked it up, the service department manager said, "Ya, it's the aftermarket Flowmasters. Probably justa hanger squeaking."

He made it sound as though they were certain so I took his word for it. When I got home, I shook the sh*t out of my Flowmaster's not a sound. At that time it wasn't that big of an issue, however with the way it is now, when I go back tomorrow I don't want to hear any bullsh*t. I'm surewhenever these f*ckers see anything aftermarket onour cars, they don't bother checking anything, they just point and say - "There's the problem."

I just wanna start swingin' on 'em.

[/quote/]

Put the stock mufflers back on and take it in. Now they can't blam it on your a/b's.

seniorsmith 07-26-2007 11:39 AM

ORIGINAL: ilmor

When you say the "wheel" is squeaking, what exactly are you referring to?
Hub, carrier, brakes, bearing,etc... Just saying it's not the suspension...

Menace 07-26-2007 11:55 AM

Well, this is how quick my dealership was at pointing fingers. I took it in to get a new Cabin Air Filter and a Tire Rotation. Both I could've done myself but gave them a reason to take the car in and get some things fixed. I had this yahtzee sound coming from the passenger rear, later I discovered that it was a pair of sockets I must've dropped in there a long time ago and they were trapped under the shaker 1000. The second sound is some thin metallic rattle under the center console. No idea from where or what.

It was raining out and it was hard to mimic the noises I was hearing. so they couldn't fix either of them. Nevertheless the Service manager asked "Do you have any modifications?" I said yes, and he changed his tone quickly and was like.. "Well, if your modifications are causing these noises, you're going to be charged labor." I mean, sure... but lets try not to sound more like an asshole. This attitude is why I choose to do all my work myself and not even bother with the dealership.

07 Stang 07-26-2007 12:10 PM

I've taking my 2004 E-350 Van into the dealer 3Xs for rattling! They kept adjusting the hangers andnow it's not under warranty and IT STILL RATTLES! Like when you are accelerating around 30-40 it will do it. It is embarrassing and people look at you like you are driving some crappy car or something. http://soundmachine.org/dci/forum/im...icon_crazy.gif