Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your reasons for buying the Mustang.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:24 PM
47Magic
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Your reasons for buying the Mustang.

ORIGINAL: banka87

It's sexy.
SEXY TIME, I LIKE...

Old 07-26-2007, 12:33 PM
ndnboy
3rd Gear Member

I have always loved Mustangs, you cant beat the classic lines of the car, it is a true piece of history...
Old 07-26-2007, 12:42 PM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

The S197 captures the look and feel of a basic vintage muscle car. 8 cylinders, twin pipes, solid rear axle. And it has modern safety equipment and can be driven in all weather. This car stirs my soul. Other vehicles may be better on paper but I just don't care. The low price is just icing on the cake.

Sleeper2
Old 07-26-2007, 12:45 PM
swoosh
2nd Gear Member

Mustang's have been in my blood since I was a baby. In total, we've had five, and still have four of them.

My Grandparents started it by buying a 65 GT off the showroom floor (still have it).
Couple of years later, my dad bought a 67 S-Code GT (still have it too).
After a couple years, my sister got a 91 Saleen for her 16th BDay
Then my Dad found an 89 Saleen Vert at a race and bought it (still have that one)
My sister eventually passed the 91 to me, and 2 months after having it, it was stolen from where I was working and found stripped clean a week later. So after some decision, I went with a new GT.

Been a fun family experience with Mustangs, my dad and I are working together a lot on my GT, and can officially say that 3 generations of my family have all worked on the 65 to keep her running over the years.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

All I could do growing up was looking as the body styles changed. I knew one day that I would own a Mustang, and probably should have waited a little longer but all you can do is try to make the best of it. I love my car and would probably never get rid of it... Unless something even better comes along, which surely will happen.

I think I should have been born in the 40s, so I could live in the 50s and 60s and the birth of the Muscle Cars. The times just seem so fitting for me, but the Mustang has always been above the rest. Even in its underdog status usually, it's always performed above and beyond, and that heritage can never be matched by any of its competition.

My favorite all time Mustang is a 1969 Boss 429. That car is such a gorgeous and truly bad *** car.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:56 PM
05RedHead
2nd Gear Member

I think my reasoning is a bit of what everyone else has said. Heritage, Performance, Style.

We've always been a Ford family (I now own my Grandfather's very original '84 F-250). They've been good to us - never really had a problem with any of them. Can't say the same for GMC, VW, BMW, or Jaguar though.

This is my third mustang. I had to sell my '95 Cobra to buy my wife a car, vowing I would have one again - thinking at the time I'd buy a classic 66 Fastback some day. Well, by now I'd seen the new Mustang at the Chicago Auto Show, and gasp, didn't really care for it. Then is started growing on me, until I decided the plain rear-end was a point I could get over. Saw the one I own now on a local dealer lot used, and jumped. I was going to wait until the GT500's came down in price (at least to MSRP), but it didn't look like that was going to happen any time soon. I can't be happier - and don't plan on getting rid of it.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

Been in love with the '69 and '70 fastbacks since I was a kid, then when I was 17 I had a '70 coupe with a bored 289.. had to sell it eventually as it got about 5 miles to the gallon and I was a poor teenager working at Wendy's.

So now that I'm older, those fastbacks in good condition are as much as an new car and then some. And in '05 when the S197s came out, there was finally another generation that caught my eye. Test drove one back then but wasn't quite in the place to get one. Then a few months ago, it was time for a new car, so I checked them out again, and this time test drove a stick. I was hooked, and I figured that since I still like the look of them after being out for 3 years, it was time.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: unsocbl
I went and looked at every sports car out there; 350Z, RX8,IS330,G35,etc...and narrowed it downt to 2, the G35 and the Mustang. My personality really doesn't suit the refined elegance of the Infinity and the Mustang was just sooooo gorgeous.

First Ford I've ever owned and I love it!
my sentiment exactly
Old 07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

I cant afford a 911 GT3

Also i Love them..5th one in my life, not my last i am sure
Old 07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

a few simple reasons.
1. most bang for buck.
2. big aftermarket.
3. vaginas.

Quick Reply: Your reasons for buying the Mustang.