Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM Outlet SUCKS!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 PM
06gt5spd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: RPM Outlet SUCKS!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

RPM Gets another one! I am in utter disbelief. I presume the search function still works on this right?

Yep, sure does. Used it this weekend and found what I was looking for!!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: andrewk24

I just want to share my *$%&^^ experience with RPMoutlet.com. They do not have the parts in stock to ship next day as stated on the website and getting thru their customer sevice line is more difficult than trying to cancel AOL services. And if you try to cancel the order, they only take request via online and charge you 15% restocking fees for item that they haven't shipped. May be is just me, but I purchase a lot of staff from online and have never experience such a poor customer service.
Thank you for listen and sorry the bitching.....
Call your credit card company and dispute the 15% restocking fee, hell it's not like they pulled the order off the shelf. From all the horor stories I've heard about RPM I know they'll never see a dime of my cash. They only serve me as a reference point if I'm buying elsewere and I try and haggle another vendor for the lowest price...doesn't always work but what the heck
Old 07-30-2007, 01:11 PM
andrewk24

I want soo bad to lower my car and ordered the eibach pro kit because of the lowest price. Week and and half and still in backorder. They are telling me that may be will ship tomorrow or Wednesday...
Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I buy alot of my stuff from American Muscle, one of our sponsors on this site. They are great when it comes to customer service and prices. Did you know they have free shipping on most all their stuff? Did you know they give you a 6% discount when you enter a certain coupon code? With their prices, discounts for Mustang Forum members and free shipping, how can you go wrong? By the way, Amy over there responds to e-mail questions pretty quickly, she is great.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

+1 on American Muscle.......I ordered my rims and tires from them, along with various other smaller mod parts, and every single thing i have ordered from them i have recieved the day after i order it, and all of this with free shipping, granted the item has to be in stock, and their only shipping 1 state away, but still, 1 days on rims, tires, and various other parts, and when i made a mistake in my ordering, they called me the very next day, worked out the problem with me, all of this taking place before 10 AM, and recieved the item the next day.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:55 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

it's ashame that businesses don't realize that bad service will eventually cost them their ***.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:06 PM
reburn

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from stangsuspension.com I have been really happy with my purchases. No they aren't the cheapest. But when something was out of order how about the next upgrade for the same price or a deep discount. Shipping has been fast and courtous. Also the phone call a couple days after delivery is a nice touch. I will continue to order my suspension stuff from them. And no I don't work for them.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:58 PM
andrewk24

I should have done my research before ordering.. I will check with them tomorrow and if they don't tell me that my spring shipped, then I will be talking to my credit card company for a complete refund. They are trying to stiff me with a 15% restocking fee for item that they don't have in stock or shipped. I guess you get what you pay for....Cheap is not always cheap.....
Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

ORIGINAL: andrewk24

I should have done my research before ordering.. I will check with them tomorrow and if they don't tell me that my spring shipped, then I will be talking to my credit card company for a complete refund. They are trying to stiff me with a 15% restocking fee for item that they don't have in stock or shipped. I guess you get what you pay for....Cheap is not always cheap.....
Well Put!!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:40 PM
dawater

They owe me $180, but I'm too lazy to sue them. Too late for credit card action. They won't respond to my emails at all. They don't take customer service over the phone (email only, and it seems very foreign, definitely impersonal). Phone is for orders only. I've got an email where they admit that they owe me, and give me instructions to get my money back. The instructions involve me placing the order again with the same credit card and them refunding the original purchase and charging me the second one. I don't trust them enough to follow these instructions. I could be out a lot more than $180 since it was a $1000+ order. I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of which they are not a member. The BBB sent a letter and gave me instructions on how to sue them, but no real response. They have lots of complaints on the BBB.

If you use them and have a problem, first contact your credit card and see if you can get the payment stopped. Then file with the BBB (Houston, I believe).

But...in the end they will probably just start up a new business with a new name and never suffer any real consequences...

I've learned my lesson and will only buy from reputable places. At least it was only $180.

If anyone wants to see my correspondance with them, PM me, and I'll forward it via email. It really will tell the whole story.

BTW, I got my incorrect order in record time! Of course, if they had sent me the correct order, I might post something like reburn. He doesn't know any better because he hasn't been screwed yet.

Remember, Ebay is much safer than they are!!

Quick Reply: RPM Outlet SUCKS!!!!!!!