MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Electric Window insanity (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/325392-electric-window-insanity.html)

marcuskeeler 07-31-2007 07:49 PM

Electric Window insanity

Yo.
Last week I put my ride in the shop for an alarm system to be installed. I had a few reasons :

-I really hate that Ford Parp-Parp when you lock/unlock the car remotely.
- I wanted a higher level of security with 2-way communication (key fob tells you somebody is jacking your car)
- Wanted the windows to go up when car was locked

Fixing the first two issues was a breeze but the third kept the car at the installers for two whole days before they gave up. Over the two days they called the alarm manufacturer numerous times and some other installers, all unable to help.
Their conclusion was that the window motor units have modules inside them which, rather than respond to DC, talk to the digital bus of the car. They said that third partyinterface units have to be used and they said that they were unable to find anybody who'd successfully achieved it. .

Anybody actually got this function to work?

Marcus
:)

marcuskeeler 08-01-2007 07:53 AM

RE: Electric Window insanity

Wow, has nobody tried this mod at all? Surely somebody must have and has the method to get it working?

157dB 08-01-2007 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Yo.
Last week I put my ride in the shop for an alarm system to be installed. I had a few reasons :

-I really hate that Ford Parp-Parp when you lock/unlock the car remotely.
- I wanted a higher level of security with 2-way communication (key fob tells you somebody is jacking your car)
- Wanted the windows to go up when car was locked

Fixing the first two issues was a breeze but the third kept the car at the installers for two whole days before they gave up. Over the two days they called the alarm manufacturer numerous times and some other installers, all unable to help.
Their conclusion was that the window motor units have modules inside them which, rather than respond to DC, talk to the digital bus of the car. They said that third partyinterface units have to be used and they said that they were unable to find anybody who'd successfully achieved it. .

Anybody actually got this function to work?

Marcus
:)
The ParpParp can be disabled in the SJB. Just read your owners manual
for the directions. Second, good luck is all I can say. Shaoulda got the OEM
alarm and piggybacked a pager onto the OEM system (a lot easier than
getting an aftermarket alarm to interface with the Ford SJB). Been there,
done that.[:'(]

marcuskeeler 08-01-2007 10:12 AM

No, the new alarm works fine. the parp-parp is history and the pager works great. It's the darn auto window-up which won't work.

157dB 08-01-2007 10:22 AM

And you wont get it to work.

Sherwood06GT 08-01-2007 10:25 AM

There is a knob on the door panel that will roll the window up when lifted vertically. [&:]

Sorry, just had to be a bit cynical this morning, the day hasn't begun until cynicism is exercised properly.

marcuskeeler 08-01-2007 10:30 AM

And you wont get it to work.
You're the helpful type aren't you? :eek:

Perhaps somebody with a little more insight could offer some help. I'm sure that many folk would like the windows to roll up when the alarm is activated.

157dB 08-01-2007 10:53 AM

Get a 12Vair compressor and some small air cylinders.
Make a bracket to mount them so as to mimic a human
hand and activate that switch on the door that makes the
windows go up and down. Then wire in some 12V electric air
valves up to that aftermarket alarm window-go-up-and-down
outputs. Otherwise its a no-go on the auto aftermarket windows.
The OEM alarm offers this window option you want so bad but
cant achieve aftermarket. Again, read your owners manual for
the details.[:@]

Mr. Insight here. Cant be done aftermarket without an external
PLC and some cute programming.

marcuskeeler 08-01-2007 11:32 AM

Dealer said they couldn't do that either.

insight, not insite

tedBalog 08-01-2007 11:57 AM

When reading through the manual i came across a section, with the stock remote you could hold the lock button in, or turn your key and hold it to make the window go up or down.. There has to be a way to do it..

btw, if anyone knows how to activate this feature if your car doesn't normally have it - lemme know :)