Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rebuilding my 07, the saga begins *Updated* 56K Warning

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The Return of Wes!

ORIGINAL: redfiregt2006

i think it looks really good. the color combo is something like the new orleans saints, and with both being restored, it might get kind of emotional for people who live there like nineinchnail1024. maybe you could put a small detachable saints emblem somewhere lol...you know, just in case it gets featured on a magazine or something
I was thinking the same thing! Reggie Bush and Drew Brees might want one of their own after seeing this!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:59 AM
dvf1973
2nd Gear Member

crap..i just went through this little drama from start to finish in 1 sit and its still in limbo...oh man, now im on the edge of my seat...pretty cool how so many of you jumped on board,, pat yourselves on the back...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Puckhog407
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redfiregt2006

i think it looks really good. the color combo is something like the new orleans saints, and with both being restored, it might get kind of emotional for people who live there like nineinchnail1024. maybe you could put a small detachable saints emblem somewhere lol...you know, just in case it gets featured on a magazine or something
+1 Like New Orleans, this car has pretty much risen from the depths. I love the color choice ... very unique. Nineinchnail1024, I'm sure, can relate to the symbolism and what it takes to work your way back from a bad situation.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

[sm=jawdrop.gif]Gonna be a beauty! I was just picturing you dropping in a 5.4 supercharged motor and ripping low 12's at the track. I think at this point, who really cares what badging you put on this car, the amount of work you and wes have done derserves 0 negative feed back! Once it is all together post a nice pick, I am gonna use it as my screensaver! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-03-2007, 03:28 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

make sure he doesnt get any paint on the poor little doggy
Old 09-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

make sure he doesnt get any paint on the poor little doggy
true, but if it pee'd on the car, I'd have a star for the remake of the james bond movie "goldfinger".......... =]

Andretti
Old 09-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

Damn that gold looks sexy! I can't wait to see more pictures with paint on them! Loving the outcome! Keep it up man!
Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Man this car is turning out better then I Thought I remember the first day he put up pictures I thought the car was doomed!! comming very nice!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:26 PM
buddydank
1st Gear Member

The color looks amazing! I am floored by how everything is turning out.
I arrived this morning and got my first look at the car with it's new golden aura. It is absolutely beautiful. Wes switch back to his old paint gun because the new one was causing some screwy overspray. But it's what he knows best so of course things went well. We will have to do some buffing of the clear coat to get things perfect but it won't take much.
Today I cleaned up a lot of the trim peices and taped off the hood. The rocker panels come in tomorrow and I have pretty much everything I need now. The 3rd party fog lights I ordered we're not even close to the right size so I have to send those back and order some new ones. I went the cheap route and got the ones that came with the wiring harness and got burned. I'm going to try to get the factory ones so I don't have to deal with that BS again.

Here are some more pictures I took today.

We are trying something different with the rear bumper. Since the rocker panels will be black and I want to later get the chin spoiler, I thought it would look nice to put black on the bottom of the bumper. I think it turned out great.

Random body parts strewn around the room.(cue horror music)

And one of the things we did today was tape off the stripes on the hood. We didn't paint it today because the rocker panels will not be in til tomorrow and we are just going to paint all the black items together.

We'll be finishing up the last of the painting tomorrow and so I'm hoping to finish putting it back together on Thursday!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:38 PM
bmk
2nd Gear Member

awesome man. the black at the bottom of the bumbers look really cool. cant wait to see when its done

Quick Reply: Rebuilding my 07, the saga begins *Updated* 56K Warning