Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Experience with CMDP and Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default My Experience with CMDP and Tunes

I bought a set of Steeda Charge Motion Delete Plates a few weeks ago, and I was excited to try them out at the track
so I bought a Tune from a popular SCT tuner talked about on this forum.After I installed the tuneI was not feeling the power
others talked about. it was sluggish and lagged from the launch. So I went to the track today and well, I was not happy
These Things SUCK. Worst Mod You Can Do. I have spent countless hours trying to contact the Tuner and get it resolved
well no word, I data logged a run and emailed it to him, still no response. So I am giving up on this mod and pulling them,
I quess my car just will not work with the deletes

Here was my results today............................................. .............

I lost over a Second in the 1/8 Mile with this tune and Delete plates.

I made three passes and all were the same 9.5 times.
I need help with this tune or should I just forget Delete plates It does not look like they are going to work on my car.

Todays Temp 90 deg
r/t - .655
60' - 2.254 (no wheel spin) the car just would not move.
330 - 6.243
1/8 - 9.525
mph - 75.14

My Average time at this track this summer Temp 87 Deg
r/t - .548
60' - 2.014
330 - 5.522
1/8 - 8.505
mph - 81.72

2005 Mustang GT Auto
I am using Drag Radials
I have FRPP 4.10 Gears, Roush UDP and JLT II CAI and the Steeda CMDP
Old 08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My Experience with CMDP and Tunes

Has Anyone ever heard of this, I have read you can loose a little low end torque but Dam a whole second in the 1/8
Not right....

Do you think I should look around yet for another tuner or DELETE the DELETES......
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

the guy that tunes my car tried the delete plates on one of there cars and they said it did add some power, but it lost tourqe and had lots of driveability issues with them in. when I get my heads and cams installed we are going to tune it and then put in the plates that they pulled off there car and see how they work on mine. with the high stall and auto trans, I shouldn't need as much tourqe way down low so we will see how they work
Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06tyrfryr

the guy that tunes my car tried the delete plates on one of there cars and they said it did add some power, but it lost tourqe and had lots of driveability issues with them in. when I get my heads and cams installed we are going to tune it and then put in the plates that they pulled off there car and see how they work on mine. with the high stall and auto trans, I shouldn't need as much tourqe way down low so we will see how they work
JLT CAI / BBK twin 62 TB / 4000 stall / 4.10s / udp's / Borla axle back / MAC headers ,Prochamber/spydershaft/ 15 x 10 Bogarts w 325/50/15 on back and 15 x 3.5 on front. 11.97 with 1.66 60'w 75 shot zex. 12.7 wo 320 rwhp & 328 tq
Your setup is what I am looking for, I was looking at the 3200 stall and MAC Headers.
what gains did you get from them? Did you install them? I was considering LT but the low hp gains and installation cost prohibit me from getting them.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:57 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Interesting... I love my delete plates. They're the economy ones, not the larger cooler ones. Anyways, I went from b@ma 87 performance tune to another b@ma 87 perf tune, but this time made for the plates. I noticed the top end gain without a doubt, and I do believe there was a torque gain, if not then at least there definately was not a loss. I dont dyno but I know darn well how my car feels.

Brenspeed reported HP and torque gains also.

Also the car sounds meaner, its probably the richer tune or something who knows.

As for daily driving issues I havent had any.... I dunno, I really like this mod, sorry you're having trouble with it. All I can say is keep trying...
Old 08-01-2007, 11:11 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ohnoesaz,
Thanks for your input..
I will triple check all connections and bolts..
Old 08-01-2007, 11:25 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I had mine put on by my tuner in conjunction with a dyno tune. I lost no low end torque....I can't remeber where my before and afyer dyno files are but when I find them I'll post them.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:58 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

It's probably the canned tune you bought. I would have it dyno tuned, I'm sure a good tuner could find the missing ponies.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan

It's probably the canned tune you bought. I would have it dyno tuned, I'm sure a good tuner could find the missing ponies.
He has bought a few tunes for it, trying to correct the problem. No luck though. Hes listing his mods to the tune makers but they're messing up.

I talked to him privately and hes describing it as 'bogging down' until 3K or so. It sounds much like the tune makers just arent tuning for the plates very well and all of the extra air that is getting through. The delete plates allow free flow after the throttle body, and that is a big difference over the stock plates.

He is getting bad service from Doug at b@ma much like I've complained about. I hate to bring it up in this thread but now a member is actually suffering from it.

He'll check his torque settings but I'm sure its in the tune....

EDIT: Isnt there a difference between the economy plates and the expensive billet ones? I've read the billets are bigger in air flow, considerably. Maybe he needs to point out exactly which one he bought to the tune maker? Dunno....
Old 08-03-2007, 08:35 AM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz
EDIT: Isnt there a difference between the economy plates and the expensive billet ones? I've read the billets are bigger in air flow, considerably. Maybe he needs to point out exactly which one he bought to the tune maker? Dunno....
Good Point ! I did say I have the Steeda CMDP and Actually they are the FRPP Econo plates from Steeda. I will clearify this with doug or whoever.

Quick Reply: My Experience with CMDP and Tunes