Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im outting this out for everyone

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 03:59 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: im outting this out for everyone

sorry if i havt answer as quikly as i would like but laptops been gay,
Old 08-05-2007, 04:59 PM
wyldwmn65
2nd Gear Member

In your experience would someone with little to no electrical experience be able to install the iPod adapter to the shaker 1000, Aux.button.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:38 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

I have horrible engine noise to the point I just don't bother turning it on anymoreits been to three different shops don't know how much they really put into figuring it out but its been there. I took the car apart to see if I could see anything wrong no signs of anything. It comes just from one speaker stops when disconnect it but does not travel to the other speaker when flipped to different channel. Here is my setup pioneer avh-5700 hu, 2 kicker 5.25 components,6.5 kicker component, mtx 3404 and 1501 amps, mtx 9500 sub. The best most trust worthy info I was given was that the HU is garbage and is known to do this. Thanks in advance for any help u can give.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: downriverT

I have horrible engine noise to the point I just don't bother turning it on anymoreits been to three different shops don't know how much they really put into figuring it out but its been there. I took the car apart to see if I could see anything wrong no signs of anything. It comes just from one speaker stops when disconnect it but does not travel to the other speaker when flipped to different channel. Here is my setup pioneer avh-5700 hu, 2 kicker 5.25 components,6.5 kicker component, mtx 3404 and 1501 amps, mtx 9500 sub. The best most trust worthy info I was given was that the HU is garbage and is known to do this. Thanks in advance for any help u can give.

make sure the RCA cables are away from the power cable, and the is the hu is new it should be messed up cuz pionner is acully really good as with kenwood, who did the install on everything? cuz they could have messed up behind the radio 2(power jump on to that speaker etc etc) your rcas can also be bad, if all else fails out in a GLI( ground loop isolator) that will help to where its minmal
Old 08-08-2007, 11:27 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wyldwmn65

In your experience would someone with little to no electrical experience be able to install the iPod adapter to the shaker 1000, Aux.button.
very simple, power, ground, conect the plug, run wire, its pretty easy if u need a write up ill be glad to give u one in detial
Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 AM
cmschlatt
2nd Gear Member

is there any way i can get a line out audio cable to hook up my mp3 to? i havea 2005 with the shaker500. the headunit has an aux button, but there is nowhere i can plug a cable into. i know there are some adapters out there that can do this, but i have heard they have been messing with the car's computer. i dont want to control my ipod through the headunit or anything fancy like that. i just want to hear the music through the speakers when i press the aux button.
thanks for any help, chris
Old 08-09-2007, 01:36 AM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

Ok, this is just a quick question.
I'd like to (sometime in the future) put a flatscreen in the runk so when I get bored I can just hook my ps2 up or somethin.
What kind of monitor, or system would you recommend?
And would it be easy enough for me to do it?
Also, should I carpet the trunk lid?
Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

You're going to be busy...
Old 08-09-2007, 08:15 AM
zeindog
1st Gear Member

OK maybe I can help answer some q's too because I am also certified and do this for a living. There is no way to hook up and aux in without some kind of adapter from a 3rd partyvendor such as peripheral, pie, blitsafe and so on. If you have factoy nav then there are companies that make video input adapters such as scosche. Yes the peripheral unit has been causing issues with the cars computer but they are aware of this and are currently making changes to it, you might want to email them to see if they have resolved to problem.
To install a monitor in the rear trunk takes some degree of fabrication skills such as fiberglassing, welding, and various upholstery techniques. If you have never messed around with any I would reccomend that you have a cutom audio shop do it. You could put any lcd monitor you wish in there, as long as there is room for it and its within your budget.

Engine noise can be the single most frustrating thing to troubleshoot in car audio. There are many variables that can cause the interference and it can be hard to pinpoint where its coming from. If I were to troubleshoot it the first thing I would do with your problem would be rule out the source as the problem by using a tone generator and plugging it in right to the amp. If the sound is still there you can rule out you source unit and signal cables.It sounds to me that the problem does not lie with the wiring from the radio and battery because you said it is only coming out of one channel of the amp. Also since you said it dose not go to the other speaker leads me to believe that the problem lies with the speaker wiring and possibly the mounting location ofthe crossover on that channel. I would definatly check the crossover because if thats too close to any high current wiring or any emf source then that would cause the interference. The crossovers components are not sheilded and can get induced noise very easily. I would thoroughly check the crossovers and the wiring for any pinches. Also, switch the crosssovers and see if the problem goes to the other speaker or stays. Troubleshooting is a process, and you just need to narrow down the possibilities mainly through substituion of components. Hope this gives you some idea of where to take it.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:20 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Will I be able to run 1 10" Infinity Kappa sub with underdrive pulleys?

Quick Reply: im outting this out for everyone