Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 mustang order

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 09:57 PM
roboha

Default 05 mustang order

I HAVE JUST JOINED THE SITE, I AM VERY FRUSTRATED I ORDERED MY 05 GT 11/03/04 AND MY DEALER TOLD ME IT IS STILL IN THE QUE MODE, WHICH MEANS FORD HAS NOT PICKED UP THE ORDER YET! THEY TELL ME I MIGHT GET IT IN APRIL. I ORDERED A SATIN SILVER PREMIUM WITH STANDARD WHEELS, SIDE AIR BAGS, WHEEL LOCKS, ANTI THEFT UPGRADE INTERIOR PACKAGE WHICH INCLUDES MY COLOR GAUGES. AFTER READING THE FORUM ABOUT THE LAW SUITE I CALLED MY DEALER AND THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT! ANY ADVICE ON HOW TO EXPIDITE THE ORDER PROCESS. THANKS IN ADVANCE ROBO
Old 01-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 05 mustang order

Sorry to hear the news but dude its going to be worth it.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:43 AM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

I asked my dealer if the lawsuit over the My Color Patent would hold my order up. He said that their is a shortage of parts for the interior, but should be resolved shortly. I ordered my 05 GT on Dec. 31, and it should be ready in mid March. Hopefully I will still get it then, and most of the bugs will be worked out.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:18 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Someone posted a thread that mentioned if your were mad at your dealer and a phone number you could call to check on your car.

I ordered mine on day after Thanksgiving, I've my VIN number for three/four weeks. I've been told my car is in production. I've been told it was looking like last half February, and that my hope for 23 February was possible, but no guarantee.

One of our dealers may be not totally up front with us? I'm thinking your dealer fouled up on the order submission? My dealer wants to feed me false hope for some reason?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:35 AM
roboha

I know it has to do with allocation, my dealer used up all of his 04 allocation and had to wait for his 05 allocation which he now has but it is still taken forever for ford to pick the up from the ordering system if any one has inside conections let me know!
Old 01-28-2005, 11:49 AM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roboha

I know it has to do with allocation, my dealer used up all of his 04 allocation and had to wait for his 05 allocation which he now has but it is still taken forever for ford to pick the up from the ordering system if any one has inside conections let me know!
I was not aware that allocation affected ordered Mustangs. Normally it affects cars shipped to the dealer for the dealer to sell. Also the problem with the interior is that Ford only expected 20% of all Mustangs ordered to be ordered with the interior upgrade package. The actual figure is now about 80% of all cars ordered are being requested with the IUP. Ford can not meet the demand and it is not a simple fix considering if they use other companies that companies products have not met the air bag safety tests. Only the current company meets those tests. Part of the IUP is the alluminum panels that cover the pasenger side airbag, and the seats that also have airbags in them. This is the main thing holding up the cars right now.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:53 AM
roboha

that makes sense my o5 was ordered with the iup & side airbags!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:14 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

I ordered mine on 10/30 My Color, Side Air Bags, Shaker 500, 5 Speed.. My sales person called me to tell me on 1/3 and told me that My Color was no longer an option and he knew about the law suit. So I down graded the interior package and will also lose the Side Air Bags. This will save me about $800.00. So I am not too concerned. I checked the order and the it is schedule to be built the week of 1/31 and my dealer told me to expect delivery by the end of February. So there may be a light at the end of the tunnel.

If you feel your dealer is not being upfront with you call Ford Customer Service and voice your concerns. I did that and it started to get things moving.

Here is the number to call and the information you will need.

800 962- 3746

1) Dealer Number - 5 digit number- Your dealer should provide you with that

2) Year

3) Body Type - GT is T82

4) Order Number- Your dealer should provide you with that.

I know how frustrating this can be but hang in there.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:08 PM
05sonic_blueGT

i just got my dealer# and tried that number, they said that they could not give out information to the genral public... i then told them that i didnt like the fact that i just orderd a 30k car from them and they couldt even tell me when to expect it... i told her that that was ridiculous, and i might just cancel my order and let them have my little 200 dollar deposit... and buy a corvette... (which i really wouldnt do, concidering that im trading in a 98 corvette...) and she hung up on me!! can you believe it? how did you get them to talk to you? all she would tell me is that she could talk to me...
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
ajmstang
1st Gear Member

I request Customer Service and they called the dealership and I was able to get some answers. The 800 number is voice activated you really don't need to speak to anyone if you have all the information.

Quick Reply: 05 mustang order