Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Showroom shelby gt.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Showroom shelby gt.

ORIGINAL: 06DropTopGT

A Shelby GT is just a modded GT, that's all.
True, but you're paying for a guy named Carroll Shelby to do the modding for you!

I'l spend the 10 grand for that over getting my hands dirty, voiding my warranty, paying a fortune for a tuner, etc, anyday!
But I won't pay one dollar extra, so no Shelby GT for me, yet!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:49 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06DropTopGT

A Shelby GT is just a modded GT, that's all.

Then why dosn't your car say Shelby on it if thats all it is?

Because yours is "just" a modded Gt, that's all.

Get over it.................

ilmor, chicken, dont fall into these threads, they are just tryin to bait you.................

Add this threadto the other 100threads thats has all the same ole comments. Does this forum ever move forward or is it always stuck in the past?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:50 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jackies Stang

I am sorry, but for maybe 30 HP and a badge, and 13000 more I would rather Mod the hell out of my car!
+1 - Mine WILL beWhippled soon w/ some additional mods. I think of it this way. If I was rolling around in a $44,000.00+ "Shelby" GTand my buddy rolled up in hisWhippled GT ($37,000.00 and some change total invested) and he spanked me like I was his red-headed step son. I would be pissed at myself for buying badges, instead of performance.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:50 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: seniorsmith

I am sorry, but for maybe 30 HP and a badge, and 13000 more I would rather Mod the hell out of my car!
+1 - Mine WILL beWhippled soon w/ some additional mods. I think of it this way. If I was rolling around in a $44,000.00+ "Shelby" GTand my buddy rolled up in hisWhippled GT ($37,000.00 and some change total invested) and he spanked me like I was his red-headed step son. I would be pissed at myself for buying badges, instead of performance.
Well sure, but using that reasoning, I see rally stripes and nice wheels on your ride. They don't do much for performance, but they look nice and make the car special. Shelby's are an American legend, they look nice, and yeah, they perform better than a stocker. You *are* paying more for a Shelby, for all the reasons that everyone sniffs at--the name, the badge, the styling, the mystique, the ability to say "I own a Shelby Mustang", and yeah, some better performance over a stock GT. Those are great reasons, IMO, and putting your nose in the air because they cost more than your ride with a supercharger costs sounds lame, juvenile, and to be honest, a lot like sour grapes jealousy--even if that's not what it is.

If there was one place I would expect a Shelby to get respect, it would be here. If speed performance per dollar is the only criteria we're using on judging cars now, then maybe I just grew up around too many classic American cars and people who loved them. The price of a car is different than just a sum of its parts. Additional Dealer Markup--no way. That's not my cup of tea and that's not what I'm saying. I'm speaking to the higher sticker cost of a Shelby over a GT only.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:04 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

is the Shelby Mustang you guys are talking about different from the GT500?? because I thought that came with a 5.4L Supercharged 8 that made 500 HP...

If they are different what mods does a Shelby have and does it still only have the 4.6?
Old 08-04-2007, 09:59 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

I was at the dealership cause I saw a white Shelby GT sitting outside and I must say inperson the car looks 100x's better. To really appreciate it you gotta see it in person. Yesterday was the 1st time I saw a hurst shifter too. I FU(king want one now! It looks so sick. The stripes even though vinyl look pretty good I must say and i parked mine next to it and saw the ride height diff, I need to lower mine quick.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

is the Shelby Mustang you guys are talking about different from the GT500?? because I thought that came with a 5.4L Supercharged 8 that made 500 HP...

If they are different what mods does a Shelby have and does it still only have the 4.6?
This thread is about the Shelby GT which has the 4.6L and I believe the FRPP power pack, as well as some appearance and suspension mods,not the GT500 (you are correct about this version)
Old 08-04-2007, 10:44 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

This thread is about the Shelby GT which has the 4.6L and I believe the FRPP power pack, as well as some appearance and suspension mods,not the GT500 (you are correct about this version)

Check this:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116496
Old 08-04-2007, 03:10 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saltzy

ORIGINAL: seniorsmith

Well sure, but using that reasoning, I see rally stripes and nice wheels on your ride. They don't do much for performance, but they look nice and make the car special. Shelby's are an American legend, they look nice, and yeah, they perform better than a stocker. You *are* paying more for a Shelby, for all the reasons that everyone sniffs at--the name, the badge, the styling, the mystique, the ability to say "I own a Shelby Mustang", and yeah, some better performance over a stock GT. Those are great reasons, IMO, and putting your nose in the air because they cost more than your ride with a supercharger costs sounds lame, juvenile, and to be honest, a lot like sour grapes jealousy--even if that's not what it is.

If there was one place I would expect a Shelby to get respect, it would be here. If speed performance per dollar is the only criteria we're using on judging cars now, then maybe I just grew up around too many classic American cars and people who loved them. The price of a car is different than just a sum of its parts. Additional Dealer Markup--no way. That's not my cup of tea and that's not what I'm saying. I'm speaking to the higher sticker cost of a Shelby over a GT only.
Thanks, good post. Also, that fellow seems to be bent on calling the Shelby GT a "$44,000+" car; mine was $37,800 and most are paying this amount, or less.

Old 08-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

oh boy here we go again...............

I dont mind paying more than a stock GT after all it is a shelby but $45k? please thats just robbing people. I wont pay a DM I refuse and will laugh at them as they are running behind me trying to justify it.

Quick Reply: Showroom shelby gt.