Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Showroom shelby gt.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 07:48 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Showroom shelby gt.

ORIGINAL: sarNz

my uncle was talking with a dealer. the guy that owns the place. my uncle has a shelby gt500 so obviously hes not going to try and sell him a shelby gt. in fact, the guy who owns the dealer gave his personal opinion on the very marked up shelby gt. "****ing stupid." You get nothing for your money. The reason that they mark them up is because they also have to pay more.

But, He is the one who put the ADM on it? Right? If he owns the place, he can put any number he wants on it so he is disagreeing with himself?

"The reason they mark them up is because they have to pay more" No.......... Only on the initial order of the car. Then when it's sold they get thier money back.

There is 2grand profit at leastin the car from the get go, Plus they make money on the financing and extended warranty contract's ect....The mark up is there becausehe wants to make the "MONEY!"

But hey, business is business and if they can get the markup pricefrom somebody, good for them, people will pay high dollar for what they want if they want it bad enough. What ever the market will bear.

They (The Dealer) has to pay up front on the Shelby upgrade, so thats money just sitting there at SAI and there already in the whole. Then, when it set's on the lot, thats money thats gone untill the car is sold. As far as getting nothing for your money, Well thats always going to bea matter of opinion. To me , since day one, It's been worth every cent.

When this Gt500 first came out, I had a dealer tell me that the reason they marked it up so high was so it would not sell so as to draw people into the dealership and then work the "I want one" people that could not afford oneinto mustang gt's and so on. But when they had people plunking down the cash for them, all the better.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:52 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilmor

Why do you guys keep upping the price?? The Shelby GT does not cost 45 grand!!! Like I said, I paid $37.8K. Then again...maybe I should be glad your upping the price....

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me what some of you say, as I am an extremely happy owner. I knew exactly what I was buying and I believe its an excellent value and a vehicle which I am very proud of. What I don't understand is why some people feel so compelled to try and put down other peoples pride and joy. I could almost understand it if you were comparing your cars to another brand, but we all have Mustangs don't we? I enjoy seeing all the Mustangs and what you guys have done with them. If I can't say something nice about one of your cars, I won't say anything.

LOL, you beat me by 200 bucks you sligh one....................

+1 on the restalso ilmor..........

If you look up the last hundred (+ or - ) post on this very subject, you will notice they all start out with a simple question, then after a couple post, it all goes down hill from then on. Why should a Shelby owner need to justify or defend whathe or shepaid for thier caror who has what or what ever to anyone? You bought a Mustang Gt and we bought a Shelby Gt. You disagree with certain aspects of it? fine! Great! Do i care that you would not ever pay a certain amount for something then i or others would? <Bleep> no! Is your faster then the speed of sound? Maybe a street racer would care but, personaly not me. Spank me and my Shelby all you want. What counts is that, at the end of the day, Are you Happy with what you have? If you are, Congratulations on the decision that "You" made and enjoy it. I and others do that very thing, everyday.

Its funny how youalwayshear a few owners baggin the Shelby's for what ever reason but, you never hear the Shelbys personbaggin back? Whats with that? Im sure somebodys going to tell me though.........................LOL
Old 08-04-2007, 08:04 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jackies Stang

Who is upping the price? I saw it first hand at the dealership! 30,995 base, 1000 gas guzzler and 13,000 add-ons! Congrats on getting your car at a fair price!

Dont buy from that dealership, If you do, wear a blind fold.................................LOL

Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

10k buys a heck of a lot of horse power or GAS! I wouldn't touch a shelby GT, waste of money IMHO of course.

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

ORIGINAL: 06DropTopGT

A Shelby GT is just a modded GT, that's all.
True, but you're paying for a guy named Carroll Shelby to do the modding for you!

I'l spend the 10 grand for that over getting my hands dirty, voiding my warranty, paying a fortune for a tuner, etc, anyday!
But I won't pay one dollar extra, so no Shelby GT for me, yet!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:27 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Why do you guys keep upping the price?? The Shelby GT does not cost 45 grand!!! Like I said, I paid $37.8K. Then again...maybe I should be glad your upping the price....
Are the stripes atleast painted on for that price? That's $12,000 more than I paided for my 06 premium, the shelby name and modifications to the car aren't worth that to me. The Shelby name hasn't been worth muchsince 1983,IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Charger_(L-body)
Old 08-04-2007, 09:03 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Are the stripes atleast painted on for that price? That's $12,000 more than I paided for my 06 premium, the shelby name and modifications to the car aren't worth that to me. The Shelby name hasn't been worth muchsince 1983,IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Charger_(L-body)
Nope!

That would just cost another 5 grand then the car would be at SAI longer, then if something happens, you would have to re-shoot them and it would just get out of control with warranty issues, but then again i guess that would be covered under warranty but then ford probably would not any part of that so probably would not turn out ok in the long run for ford, but the paint department would make out but then again if something happened to stripes, your car would be in the paint and body for a while becasue they could not get them to match and what not then you would have to spray the whole car and so on. so i guess it would not be to cost affective in the long run for ford. So in order to get the cars out a little faster for the rest of the people that were waiting for thier cars would not work. Plus what if there was a flaw and it showed up after a few months and it affected the 6000 cars that they were going to made had to befixed. There again liability and cost would hurt ford with that kind of thing, so i guess the best way, was to do whatmaybe some of the 200,000 plus mustangs are doing and and not use paint.IMHO....................
Old 08-04-2007, 09:35 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

Ok,

My work is done here. Time to move on to another thread...................

Thanks for the fun!
Old 08-05-2007, 04:33 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: seniorsmith

ORIGINAL: Jackies Stang

I am sorry, but for maybe 30 HP and a badge, and 13000 more I would rather Mod the hell out of my car!
+1 - Mine WILL beWhippled soon w/ some additional mods. I think of it this way. If I was rolling around in a $44,000.00+ "Shelby" GTand my buddy rolled up in hisWhippled GT ($37,000.00 and some change total invested) and he spanked me like I was his red-headed step son. I would be pissed at myself for buying badges, instead of performance.
I expected some flaming in response to my comment above. I didn't mean to disrespect "Shelby" GT owners or their cars. I'm just sick of all the price gouging. The $44,000.00+ price I was referring to, is what was posted in the first comment of this thread. I don't car if Mr. Shelby polished that stang with his nuts, that's a rip-off. That's more than the MSRP for a GT 500.

These dealerships are rediculous.Ford makes a beautiful and powerfulcar, the Shelby corporation adds 30 horses to it, and then the dealership bends you over the hood of it and starts hitting the back of your teeth.