MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   HAS ANYONE EVER REMOVED A CDC CHINSPOILER??? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/327137-has-anyone-ever-removed-a-cdc-chinspoiler.html)

seniorsmith 08-04-2007 06:31 PM

HAS ANYONE EVER REMOVED A CDC CHINSPOILER???

Has anyone removed a CDC Chinspoiler from their car? If so, looking for some tips on how to remove the 3M addhesive...

Cobrakev 08-04-2007 07:14 PM

RE: HAS ANYONE EVER REMOVED A CDC CHINSPOILER???

Heat the 3m with a blow dryer, then pry from oneside while sliding a old credit card or plastic scraper along the tape. It takes some pulling pressure, that tape really sticks. Dont forget, if you followed the installation instructions, you will have scratch's on the lower fasica from where you sanded for the tape.

seniorsmith 08-04-2007 07:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Cobrakev

Heat the 3m with a blow dryer, then pry from oneside while sliding a old credit card or plastic scraper along the tape. It takes some pulling pressure, that tape really sticks. Dont forget, if you followed the installation instructions, you will have scratch's on the lower fasica from where you sanded for the tape.
Thanks,

I didn't sand my fascia... And frankly, I can't imagine why you would ever need to. That thing is REALLY on there.

FlaPony 08-04-2007 07:31 PM

1. Remove the screws securing the chin spoiler.
2. Let my girlfriend park your car, she's sure to run into the curb...voila, spoiler removed[:@]...

I wouldn't remove the tape with a credit card or anything likely to scratch the paint. I'd try fishing line between the spoiler and the bumper.

JOHNNY 08-04-2007 08:35 PM

I used a platic scrapper to remove the spoiler, and a littel denatured alcohol to remove the tape washed the area and buffed with blue ice. hope this helps?

sleeper2 08-04-2007 08:38 PM

If you use WAXED dental floss, and take your time, you won't scratch anything. It does take a while.

Sleeper2

Parva 08-04-2007 09:55 PM

Not to hijack this thread, but are these removal techniques the same for removing the rental car bump strip on my convertible's doors?

The wife thinks they're a good idea to leave on, but IMHO, they scream rental...

seniorsmith 08-05-2007 03:51 AM

Thanks Everyone,

I'm still contemplating whetherto take it off -or- leave it on :eek:. I really like both looks.Fishing line/dental floss - that's pretty damn ingenious.There's some smart MoFo's in here.

seniorsmith 08-05-2007 03:58 AM

ORIGINAL: FlaPony

1. Remove the screws securing the chin spoiler.
2. Let my girlfriend park your car, she's sure to run into the curb...voila, spoiler removed[:@]...

[sm=exactly.gif] Mine almost removed it for me the other day (one reason why I'm thinking about taking her off).

richmod 08-05-2007 07:29 AM

keep it on man. looks great with the stripes. if you do remove, i'll buy it from you.