Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know this will make a few mad...

Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I know this will make a few mad...

Well u didnt hurt my feelings BUT there are a few things you must consider....

I take it that this is your first experience with the new model.....

With that being said, you went from one extreme to the other....you are a hard top mustang GT owner and are in love with your car....

you rented a v6 -- that shoots performance factor right out the window

you spoke of claustrophobia while inside -- you went from an old model GT to new model V6 and from a coupe to a vert....the verts are a lot tighter inside and it DOES in fact seem smaller, which is probably due to the offset of the rear seat panels, which prevents the front seats from sliding back far enough, to make room for vert mechanisms (my mother owns an 06 vert v6 and its really cramped imho)...and also the vert top is lower than a hard top would be......

The TCS could be turned off, then you wouldve had no problem getting up the hill.....

--------------

I'd say, dont let that experience be your deciding factor on whether or not you like the new models; you should give em another shot but next time in a coupe GT.....
Old 08-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

i cant believe you dont like my car...[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]... j/k... i do agree with others... while i like your body as well... i couldn't fit in one... im 6-4my friend had a 98 and i hated driving that thing... i always felt very squished... even with the top down...
Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

I am 6'2", I could not even fit inside of the previous generation Stang, I have an 07 GT, 5 Speed and am very comfortable shifting it and driving it around town. The 04 I could not even think about driving a manual transmission, my legs plain just couldn't fit trying to move the clutch during a test drive, that is the reason I didn't own one earlier.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:22 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Ok! So you didn't like it. Try a GT and it will grow on you. Your awful cute.....Got any pics of your girlfriend? LOL
Old 08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
06DropTopGT
1st Gear Member

I'm a former Hertz manager and I'm glad their roadside assistance was able to take care of you. Rental cars come in and go out so quickly sometimes, that they don't know of any problems unless a customer tells them about an issue.

I owned a 98 coupe and felt it was smaller inside than my present 06. While a Hertz Manager I drove scores of Mustangs, in fact it was my preferred car to take home.I think the 99-04's verts are the best looking Mustang verts of all of them. But I now prefer my 06 to all of them.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:37 AM
forrestgump
2nd Gear Member

^^^^^^^Loli would never call a girl cute online it could be a man [sm=smiley3.gif]
Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Jenn honey, I could NEVER EVER be mad at you...
Old 08-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StantheMan

I am 6'2", I could not even fit inside of the previous generation Stang, I have an 07 GT, 5 Speed and am very comfortable shifting it and driving it around town. The 04 I could not even think about driving a manual transmission, my legs plain just couldn't fit trying to move the clutch during a test drive, that is the reason I didn't own one earlier.
I know a guy who's 6'10" and drove a new edge for a while. Don't know how he did it. I'm only 6'2 and found it uncomfortable. But he drives a S197 now so he must not have been that comfortable either.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Go Blue 48044
3rd Gear Member

I've never been in a s197 coupe so I don't know if there is more or less head room then in a vert.However after driving with the top down for a few hours and then putting the top up it's going to feel like less head room.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: forrestgump

^^^^^^^Loli would never call a girl cute online it could be a man [sm=smiley3.gif]
Well if (and thats a big If)she is a man,then the Doc done real good cause the picture I see to the left of HER post does not remind me of any man I ever saw! JMO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I know this will make a few mad...