Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know this will make a few mad...

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:37 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I know this will make a few mad...

Don't go, Jennifer....

PLEASE....DON'T....GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JenniferJ

Yup... I'm a guy with long blonde hair and I love my short skirts... You guys crack me up...

Ok ok... Yes it is more refined... any newer model year "typically" will be more refined. I simply didn't like it as much. Ok let's get to details:

1) Yes it was more roomy leg wise. But I felt like the convertible top was just an inch above my head and I had trouble seeing around what felt like larger blocking areas of the top supports. Can I say they were larger with knowledge. No... They just "felt" larger.

2) I like a slightly smaller car. True the Hertz model felt ok to drive and I'm sure if I owned one I'd get used to it real fast. But I like my smaller body style.

3) I wasn't too keen on the retro interior. I didn't like all the chrome gleeming at me around the gages. Again total personal preference. Sure they have probably done a ton more research on ergonomics for this model than on mine. But it again was a matter of personal taste.

I never said my 01 GT was a speed demon. I don't race. I drive it year around in Michigan, snow and all and it gets me where I want to go. I do love the engine sound. The V6 in the new model definitely had some get up and go, maybe more than my car. But I wasn't trying to compare performance.

The traction control thing... I know to turn mine off if I'm driving in snow. It just gets me stuck if I leave it on. I was driving on dry pavement and it suddenly cut in out of the blue and even after climbing the hill it continued to cough and sputter even going straight on flat ground. Something went wrong. I don't hold that against the car, and I know rentals get abused. It was just a shock when it happened.

I usually turn mine off most of the time anyway I should have done it in this car too.

So again, I'm not trying to get people mad, just share an opinion. I love my little 01 and it's been a great little car. It would be tough to jump up to an 07 GT and feel comfortable. It would take me some time I think.

Sorry no pix of the g/f... You guys couldn't handle her... She's 21 model gorgeous and has an IQ probably in the 200s... (I'm joking) but she's pre-med (as am I) but she's at an ivy league school. Maybe if you guys are lucky she'll be your doctor sometime! :-)
I do think there is more head room in a coupe compared toa vert unless you have the top down.....of course. Like the poster said above, go test a new Mustang Coupefrom a dealer, then get back to us on your commentary.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 PM
ChrisCannon

Not sure if anyone caught this but when Jen said she and her girlfriend I knew I could not be mad at what ever she said. Back on topic I think there are a ton of comfort issues between the coupe and conv. as well as the 6 vs. 8 but hey to each his own. I bought what I liked and that is the great thing about renting a car you can test it prior to buying.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I think i'm gonna surf myspace and copy some picture of a hot girl and make it my avatar so people read my threads more. Like i said this is a pointless thread and people are getting hard ons over a avatar pic. IMO this thread is starting to go off the topic, especially with the " No I am into guys (and girls at times) when the mood is right." comment. But to each their own, i won't be clicking on this one anymore.