Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 08:45 AM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY! *UPDATE*

you just gotta shop around. read on here a few people have been seeing them for about $5k over. one member said that his dealership in new orleans was asking MSRP
Old 08-08-2007, 02:42 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

I havent seen one yet. [:@]
Old 08-08-2007, 04:57 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

The first one I saw was around last October. It was a red ragtop. The guy saw how interested I was and let me check it out. I was in heaven. Then I had to go back to my 3 month old GT
Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I've seen it only twice on the streets and it could've been a clone, too (both times it was stopped at a red light so by the sound I couldn't really tell if it was the actual gt500). However, last year when I was buying my GT I checked it out at the dealership. It was red with white stripes... convertible too. I got in and started playing with the shifter and what kinda surprised my is that it's really hard to shift.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:13 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

What's really scary is that you get use to the clutch but feeling that its still not fast enough ( great to see some new GT500's on this board)
Old 08-08-2007, 07:25 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RED121572

I havent seen one yet. [:@]
what do u guys live under rocks? [:'(]
Old 08-08-2007, 08:17 PM
TxLonghorn
1st Gear Member

A few weeks ago, after a couple friends and I installed Corsas on my Mustang (which sound great, by the way), we were cruising up and down a highway feeder near my house. We saw a GT500 getting off the highway, and a couple stoplights later we managed to get right up next to it. There were some some guys in a car in the left turn lane that asked if we were going to race, so of couse, we had to race. Well, i was racing, he was just tapping the throttle
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Mudbus
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY!

Im in southern California and see them quite often either on the road or while scouting the local dealerships. I have taken close looks at the GT Shelbysand the 500's and frankly the only thing you arepurchasing is the name-Shelby. While i do give mass props to the man, legend, and history that is Shelby i also have to say that for what your going to pay for that name you could pay the same amount and have one seroius gorgeous beast. And for all you Shelby owners out there - dont get me wrong, if i had the loot sitting in the bank a Shelby or Saleen would be my first choice.

On a side note (and i am a Ford man period) what Ford is doing that Ijust despise is aquiring horse power via super charger. IMO there is no replacement for displacement (AKA cubic inches of displacement). The GT is a great car, gobs of HP and FPoT in a very affordable package. But buyer be ware, if your looking at a Shelby your buying the name and not the performance that once was associated with the legendary name.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:48 PM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mudbus

Im in southern California and see them quite often either on the road or while scouting the local dealerships. I have taken close looks at the GT Shelbysand the 500's and frankly the only thing you arepurchasing is the name-Shelby. While i do give mass props to the man, legend, and history that is Shelby i also have to say that for what your going to pay for that name you could pay the same amount and have one seroius gorgeous beast. And for all you Shelby owners out there - dont get me wrong, if i had the loot sitting in the bank a Shelby or Saleen would be my first choice.

On a side note (and i am a Ford man period) what Ford is doing that Ijust despise is aquiring horse power via super charger. IMO there is no replacement for displacement (AKA cubic inches of displacement). The GT is a great car, gobs of HP and FPoT in a very affordable package. But buyer be ware, if your looking at a Shelby your buying the name and not the performance that once was associated with the legendary name.
I agree that the Shelby GT is example of buying a "name"(and yes it has 30 more horses, non-functional hood and side scoops [:'(], etc... but for about $15,000.00over a GT - That's rediculous)..AND really, dealer mark up is the problem.

I don't agree with the GT500 as being a "name" only car. Getting a GT500 for MSRP or anywhere near MSRP IS an unbelievabledeal.The GT500 was SUPPOSE to be the first and only factory carever built with 500 horsepower and a price tag under $50,000.00. They just made it to damn good and the dealerships have been taking advantage.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:52 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

But seriously how do you really feel?

Quick Reply: SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY!