Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 06:04 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY!

This is pretty sad, but where I live (Northern Michigan) sweet cars are few and far between. Anyway, I've only seen two GT 500's in real life and those were brief glimpses as they were driving by in the opposite direction.

Well, I was on my way home from work this morning (still dark out),and I did my usual roll through theFord dealershipwhenI saw an all black, 08 GT500 coupesetting there [sm=hail.gif].I almost couldn't believe my eyes. I was pretty suprised at how "blocky" it appeared. Especially the front end. I think it needed some racing stripes or something.

Anyway, it was still very cool to finally see one up close and personal. I had a perma grin all the way home . It was almost like meeting a celebrity or something. I can't believe this is the first one I've seen there. I mean the dealership has even had a couple GT 40's there. Iknow I kinda live in the sticks but come on...
Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY!

and where is the camera when you need one huh?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:32 AM
mustangman0303

How far north do you live? Living in the metro detroit area is amazing because almost daily I see prototypes driving around with bras and covers all over them. I even saw the new stang a year before it came out. That was a great day. Our family business used to have a contract with gm to service stuff at the proving ground and the things you'd see there were amazing. You could see new cars like 2 years ahead of time.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:46 AM
forrestgump
2nd Gear Member

Yea know a guy who just got a GT500 for ,highschool, graduation after already owning a 06 GT I ran him into at the exxon the other night and got too look at it outside and in, it is a very impressive ride, i was talking to him about how fast hes gone so far and he said he shut it down after hitting 150 b/c he got to scared to go any faster...must be nice to have 500 ponies pushing you...
Old 08-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

Mustang Memeries is coming this Sunday in southern MI.You can see more mustangs here.

http://www.mocsem.com/calendar/date.asp?date=8/12/2007
Old 08-07-2007, 10:10 AM
jonafin31

There pretty damn nice cars.....esp when you add more to them! Having a hard time hooking up, just got a set of BF Goodrich drag radials and still spins the **** out of them!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

I feel you there. Im always spinning and fighting traction control and Im not even a GT500.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Erimikos

Yea know a guy who just got a GT500 for ,highschool, graduation
Wow.. How come I never got a gift like that....

Ahh well... Used to know a guy who got a cool million from his dad on his 21st B-day.... His project car was a Twin-Turbo shelby 427... a real one.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

You guys aren't the only one's who love 'em. I just got back from my local dealership; they have one in the showroom with a sticker showing $45k and a dealer "sale price" on it for $60K. Oh, and by the way, a big "sold" tag!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:19 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY! *UPDATE*

ORIGINAL: seniorsmith

I was pretty suprised at how "blocky" it appeared. Especially the front end. I think it needed some racing stripes or something.
I take the above comment about it looking "blocky" and needing racing stripes back.

I saw it again in the daylight after it had just been detailed by the dealership. WOW, that thing was f*cking sick(all black). I think I'm in love [sm=loveeyes.gif]. Unfortunatly, I don't have $61,000.00 lying around at the moment.
What happen to the GT500's prices dropping down closer to MSRP???[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Quick Reply: SAW MY FIRST GT 500 UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL TODAY!