Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone here have a moonroof / sunroof (not a glass roof) installed on your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Does anyone here have a moonroof / sunroof (not a glass roof) installed on your Mustang?

I would love it if Ford offered a factory sunroof option. This is my first car in a while that doesn't have one. I don't really see the big appeal to the glassback roof. If it doesn't open, what's the point?
Old 01-23-2008, 05:50 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anyone here have a moonroof / sunroof (not a glass roof) installed on your Mustang?

ORIGINAL: frdfrst

the woman that lives a few doors down from me has one.it was done right as it contours to the roof.it is a moon roof.i talked to her about it and she had it put in when she bought the car.no leaks and looks good.
Are you my neighbor with the Shelby GT500 [sm=smiley25.gif]

I have a moonroof. I love it. The poster I quoted might be my neighbor but if not I've had the same experience. I had it put in when I bought the car and it does not leak a bit.

One bonus I got from putting the moonroof in was that my headliner used to be the Light Granite like the interior and now it's dark charcoal to coordinate with the seats (which I also had redone), the door inserts and the black dash.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

i work for a co. in phoenix that installs them and other things.i've seen two thet we did and they are pretty nice.no leaks or anything as long as you take care of them and do the upkeep on them.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:27 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

of course, if you don't like the glassback roof because it doesn't open there is an option you could have gone with...

it's called a convertible!
Old 01-24-2008, 07:27 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

Oh, they have convertibles? Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the tip

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

of course, if you don't like the glassback roof because it doesn't open there is an option you could have gone with...

Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 PM
gearhed289
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240

Which is probably exactly why Ford doesn't offer a sunroof. Verts are nice, and I actually considered one briefly, but they lose some of the vintage vibe of the hard tops. Kinda SN95 looking.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

soooo............................. are you guys neighbors or not?

oh yeah arctic frog what company made the sunroof, who installed it dealer/shop? how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?
Old 01-24-2008, 03:23 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ArcticFrog,

THAT LOOKS REALLY GOOD.... NICE JOB.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Chris D
1st Gear Member

I had a Hollandia 300 (Webasto) moon roof installed on my 2006 GT when I purchased it in October 2005. It's been 2 1/2 years and no leaks. I love it. You keep the fastback lines and good looks of a coupe while getting the open air feeling of a convertible. I've included a few photos taken a while back. Since these shots were taken I've lowered it.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:52 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burnsy

soooo............................. are you guys neighbors or not?

oh yeah arctic frog what company made the sunroof, who installed it dealer/shop? how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking?
Nope not neighbors. I looked on his profile later and he's in Phoenix, AZ. Nowhere near me. But my neighbor with the GT500 could tell the same story about me and my car. We had that conversation too.

The sunroof is an inbuilt, Inalpha EVO www.inalfasunroofs.com

It was installed by Kenny's Auto Accessories in Tulsa, OK before I took delivery of the car. That is the shop my Ford dealer uses for nearly all their aftermarket work. It's about 2 hrs from where Ilive and where my dealership is but they're worth the extra effort it takes to shuttle cars back and forth. They do excellent work. It was $950.

Quick Reply: Does anyone here have a moonroof / sunroof (not a glass roof) installed on your Mustang?