Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how to make nice with other forum members

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:32 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Default RE: how to make nice with other forum members

Thereis agood list of things, when all is going well and someone mentions something you can feel that someone will explode. I think the biggest one is the V8 vs. V6 I've seen some pretty bad scenarios. as soon as someone mentions superiority over one another **** hits the fan!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: badtzmaru

I think new people when they show up and they want to ask a question, it is the same question that has been asked maybe yesterday. People are not doing research, all I have to say "fukk man" google it!

This one gets me, I dont mean to be rude to people when i say use a search but hell, some things are asked daily and more than once. I have never actually started any threadsother than FS stuff. I have found everything I know by reading the post and using the search like its my bitch. Some people say they cant get it to work, i never have the problem though.

I know people will always ask the same questions over and over again, but if I ask them to search for the 100s of threads already cover on the forum, they might remember to try and do this first next time and ask educated questions about it in those threads they find, or atleast start a thread that states "what exhaust sounds best" "what gears to get" or "what is a CAI/tune"

I never mean to "flame" anyone but hopefully it help gets new and more accurate questions about topics that will help more people.

I agree that search can at times be helpful, but I find that many who complain that no search was done also complain when old threads are brought back to the front.

And are new threads on old topics really that bad?
Think about it.
If not for the endless new "gears" threads, etc, this place would be dead, and all you'd see is stupid posts in off topic, like many other forums.

For me, you can post all the redundant threads you want.
Sometimes I just won't respond to them.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:35 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

After i get my cobra emblems on ... im going to proceed to putting on my saleen body kit without a supercharger! Does this mean i get arrested by the mustang police.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:37 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Oh and i forgot ... where is the flame master himself

The man the myth the legend. Legallytorchred!
That guy flames everything
Someone could prob post about how they just had a baby and they took it for his/hers first ride in a mustang. And he would find some way to flame it.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM
2007GT/CS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Humboldt Stang

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: badtzmaru

I think new people when they show up and they want to ask a question, it is the same question that has been asked maybe yesterday. People are not doing research, all I have to say "fukk man" google it!

This one gets me, I dont mean to be rude to people when i say use a search but hell, some things are asked daily and more than once. I have never actually started any threadsother than FS stuff. I have found everything I know by reading the post and using the search like its my bitch. Some people say they cant get it to work, i never have the problem though.

I know people will always ask the same questions over and over again, but if I ask them to search for the 100s of threads already cover on the forum, they might remember to try and do this first next time and ask educated questions about it in those threads they find, or atleast start a thread that states "what exhaust sounds best" "what gears to get" or "what is a CAI/tune"

I never mean to "flame" anyone but hopefully it help gets new and more accurate questions about topics that will help more people.

I agree that search can at times be helpful, but I find that many who complain that no search was done also complain when old threads are brought back to the front.

And are new threads on old topics really that bad?
Think about it.
If not for the endless new "gears" threads, etc, this place would be dead, and all you'd see is stupid posts in off topic, like many other forums.

For me, you can post all the redundant threads you want.
Sometimes I just won't respond to them.
I'm with you on the 10 most asked/answered questions. Keeps the place interesting and also lets the newer members answer a few .

I keep a little spreadsheet on the side with the best (IMO) threads that answer things like "Painted Mirrors or Covers?", etc. and then just paste them in.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:04 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I try to keep in mind this is a public forum........so whatever I post (good or bad) will stir up something from someone. I don't believe you should not say anything, if you disagree-you disagree. I do think you should **attempt** to be civil, but you know there are times you are just dealing with a plain ol' azzhole. For the most part, I think people here are pretty cool.....some down right awesome, in fact!!!
s ~
Old 08-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

i wonder when legallytorched is gonna find this thread....that shoould be interesting....
Old 08-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

sometimes no matter waht you say, it'll be taken the wrong way.
I know usually I might try to make a joke about something. And they take it way too personally.
I'm at the point where I have to hit preview to double check what I wrote and maybe add smileys to let the poser know he's wasted his money, but that it's just my opinion!

Oh and a topic that boils blood:
Comparing the S197 to all other previous Mustangs since 1974!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

Notice people were already slightly flaming about some subjects on here?
haha
Old 08-08-2007, 12:38 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kenthicken

You forgot the "I'm 16 years old and my parents bought me a new Mustang GT" or "I'm 16 and I'm a great driver and can handle a Mustang GT" and the ever popular "I'm 16, I live at home, I drive a Mustang GT, my parents pay for the car and my insurance...but, but, but, I buy my own gas!!!"

Always makes for good reading....
Indeed! BTW....I love your car and those stripes...very nice. s ~

Quick Reply: how to make nice with other forum members