Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone regret their mods?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 01:12 AM
pxdig
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Does anyone regret their mods?

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Dude, HammerOn is "Mr Whipple" himself.....he laughs at a CAI w/tune now.......

OH S*it, I just read the bottom part ofhis post. sorry !!!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

oh come on i would never laugh at a cai + tune!

not everyone wants or needs a s/c and for them, the cai
is a great way to spice up the stangie

ORIGINAL: SaddleUp

Dude, HammerOn is "Mr Whipple" himself.....he laughs at a CAI w/tune now.......
Old 08-08-2007, 01:19 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I was trying to show your "elite-ness" hammeron......

Heck, I want a CAI with tune..........
Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Well Hammeron....I bought the Whipple on Monday and it looks like it will go in next week sometime! Any words of advice for me...Sorry for hi-jacking the thread......in response to the poster Whitestallion06- I thought the same thing you did and now am going thru what I feel I need to to get my beast the performance she needs to match the exterior (proactive). I have no remorse as I have felt like a celebrity much of the time when out driving her (no lie...really). It is a great conversation piece at shows and I won the first show I entered (judged one, not one that if you pay you get the trophy type). I have made many friends on here as well as when crusing or showing the car and this is the very reason why I did things the way I did. Now when the hood opens it will be yet another thing to talk about and share my experiences on and so forth. ...you get where I am going? Something led you (drove you) to put the mods you choose in the first place ...right? I think you have a little buyers remorse and that is understanding but move on and be proud that you own a "modded" Ford Mustang!!!! Your car looks great and sounds great and I bet you get many compliments and stares and drooling people all the time.....wasn't that in itself a great feeling? Remember that the next time you regret your mods and move forward to the next one! Take care J
Old 08-08-2007, 05:29 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

The only mod I kind of regret is the O/R H-pipe. I love the power, but it has been a major pain in the *** trying to get my exhaust to sound right since I put that thing on.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:17 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: Haze28

The only mod I kind of regret is the O/R H-pipe. I love the power, but it has been a major pain in the *** trying to get my exhaust to sound right since I put that thing on.
Why is that....it should sound just like mine and tacobills??? What do you not like about it?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:32 AM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: Haze28

Why is that....it should sound just like mine and tacobills??? What do you not like about it?
I'm pretty happy with it now, but it took about a month and 3 sets of axlebacks before I liked the way it sounds. When I had the Flowmasters on my car it made me want to burn it to the ground...
Old 08-08-2007, 06:36 AM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

Most people don’t regret mods until they need to sell their car and then find that the mods decreased the value. So not only do you lose all the money spent for the mods the car is worth less than blue book. One smart approach to mods is to do only bolt on stuff and save all the original parts so they can be reinstalled before you sell it. That way you can get blue book for your car and then you can sell off the mod parts and get some money for them. Seems unfair but that’s the way resale works.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

all the mods that i have done i can take off and replace with the stock parts that i still have. well excpet the exaust but other then that i can tak em all off.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:44 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Don't regret a single thing I've done, wish I could do more....

Quick Reply: Does anyone regret their mods?