Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED ADVICE ASAP! got in a accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 09:29 AM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Default NEED ADVICE ASAP! got in a accident

So my first accident was back in the winter when someone hit me and drove off so I just got home from school and I have an appointment to bring my car in and get it fixed on the 13th which is next monday!

So lastnight i went to the bars and drank a little then went back to a friends and sobered up and drove home while it was raining. Well I had a little too much fun around a turn and floored it too much and lost control straight into a ditch and woodsy area. Well I messed my car up.

My look at it at with my old accident comes to a total of: New driver and passenger side front fenders, driver headlight cover, driver turn signal cover, and 80% positive a new front bumper.

So my question to you guys is what do i do?? I will have to go through insurance because the old accident which was just a front fender and some door work was $1800 so it will be pretty expensive now.

Has anyone gone through insurance and upgraded there car?? If so how and what??

My thought is to either get a GT front bumper or Roush Front bumper, what do you guys think??

Anything and everything will help ALOT!!!

THANKS!!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 09:33 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default RE: NEED ADVICE ASAP! got in a accident

Once you get the check from the insurance company you can do whatever you want ... of course if you have a loan or lease the check will end up being made out to you, the loss payee and the body shop. Find a bodyshop that does not have a problem with your plans and you are good to go .. some shops may be a stickler on insurance work and only repair the car back to original condition.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 AM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

I am leaving right now to go get a quote at a body shop. And then I am going to get a police report for insurance and then call my insurance to talk to him.
I will ask these guys to make sure they wouldnt mind upgrading it to a GT or Roush.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

insurance will pay $250+ for a replacement OME bumper.you can buy a Roush separately and ask the body shop to paint it and install.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: DRWS10

So my first accident was back in the winter when someone hit me and drove off so I just got home from school and I have an appointment to bring my car in and get it fixed on the 13th which is next monday!

So lastnight i went to the bars and drank a little then went back to a friends and sobered up and drove home while it was raining. Well I had a little too much fun around a turn and floored it too much and lost control straight into a ditch and woodsy area. Well I messed my car up.

My look at it at with my old accident comes to a total of: New driver and passenger side front fenders, driver headlight cover, driver turn signal cover, and 80% positive a new front bumper.

So my question to you guys is what do i do?? I will have to go through insurance because the old accident which was just a front fender and some door work was $1800 so it will be pretty expensive now.

My thought is to either get a GT front bumper or Roush Front bumper, what do you guys think??

THANKS!!!!!
You don't deserve the stang. I do applaud you for sobering up before your drove yourself home but the rain is not a time to fug around in a RWD car, even in the boonies. You could've seriously hurt yourself and/or totalled your car and could've ended up dead before you were found.

Insurance will probably want to know what happened. You can tell them you lost control in the rain. They will probably cover it as well. Just don't tell them you had been drinking earlier. Good luck. Oh and your rates WILL go up if you take that route. It might be cheaper to bite the bullet and pay the higher insurance rate than try to pay for additional repairs out of pocket.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:29 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

ORIGINAL: DRWS10

THANKS!!!!!
You don't deserve the stang. I do applaud you for sobering up before your drove yourself home but the rain is not a time to fug around in a RWD car, even in the boonies. You could've seriously hurt yourself and/or totalled your car and could've ended up dead before you were found.

Insurance will probably want to know what happened. You can tell them you lost control in the rain. They will probably cover it as well. Just don't tell them you had been drinking earlier. Good luck. Oh and your rates WILL go up if you take that route. It might be cheaper to bite the bullet and pay the higher insurance rate than try to pay for additional repairs out of pocket.
[/align][/align]A little harsh dont you think!!![/align][/align]Anyways I just got back form getting the qoute and its gong to be $3800 so I am pretty sure I should go through insurance with that. Also I just got done getting a police report and the guy gave me so much **** and kept looking at my tinted windows (yes i got scared he was going to give me a ticket for that)[/align]Now I need to call my insurance and figure this all out and then go on my boat and take my stress out!!![/align][/align]I appreciate all your guys help!!!![/align]
Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
DANAL

I work for a body shop, and have for 15 years. and just so every one knows, you can do what ever you want to your car, if you want to upgrade to a different style bumper, or gt grille with fogs or whatever, you can do it. it is your car and the shop will do what ever you want them to. but. be for warned the insurance will only pay the price of replacing what was on your car, if you want to upgrade you will have to pay the price difference and if the new upgraded part requires any modyifing to make it fit or work, the shop will charge you add'l labor to make it fit. also, if you upgrade ANYTHING AT ALL, on your car, call your insurance compay and let them know. this way you can be assured that if you get in another accident the insurance company will pay for it. i have seen way to many people go out and put custom tires and wheels, or custom paint jobs, or even high dollar stereos in their cars, wreck them and then find out after the fact the the insurance company will not cover it because you did not inform them of the items or do not have an add'l rider on your policy to cover such items.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:16 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I'm actually doing it right now. What you need to do is get in touch with the shop owner and tell him what you want on that car exactly. Lets say a stock bumper is 400, and Roush is 600 (just guessing on both). Tell them that you want Roush and you don't mind paying the difference so what they gonna do is they gonna charge you 200 for it.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 PM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys, I have done everything you said and talked to the guy and thats exactly how it will happen, the guy said he isnt going to tell the insurance though and see what happens. Would I get in trouble for this or the shop if my insurance found out??? I bring it in on monday, cant wait to get that all fixed, I hate driving around with dents and **** in my car!!!

Thanks guys
Old 08-10-2007, 09:54 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

What he said was NOT harsh it is reality. How do you know you were sober? I am a cop and I have stopped plenty of people who THOUGHT they were sober and driving good when they were actually all over the road. Sorry if I sound like I am preaching but drinking and driving in the rain really stupid. Be safe people

Quick Reply: NEED ADVICE ASAP! got in a accident