Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Cars on the Mend

Old 08-08-2007, 01:32 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Default My Cars on the Mend

As you may already know my car was wounded by a bunch of asshats not too long ago so I took it to Ed at SW Customs to have her fixed and well as the saying goes "When life gives you lemons, find someone whos life gave them vodka and throw a party!" SO I decided since I was gonna be without a car for a while I might as well take this time to make some modifications that Ive been wanting to do. Again huge thanks to Ed and SW Customs.

Here are some pics of the damage:

knocked the mirror off:

also ripped the door handle off:

so I had to get a new mirror from Agent 47 and I figured why put the door handle back on, lets shave it instead! But first the holes on the door needed to be repaired:

then a proper shape needed to be cut from metal and shaped into the correct curves and lines of the car:

the door poppers provided by Audio Inovation

well that takes care of the repairs, but like I said its time to party! So we started with a Street Scene Gen I body kit also provided by Audio Inovation

first the tear down:

then the parts needed prepping:

Then the spoiler was swapped out for the 3D500 ducktail thanks to Billy at 3DCarbon

then the parts were painted black to match:

the door handle pieces were then welded into place and today they were finished off and sanded to a perfect smooth finish making the handles disappear:

after I left the car was to go into the booth to paint the doors and quarter panels to blend it in to the factory paint. The mirrors will also be painted to match as well as the new Agent 47 Ram Air I picked up this week. The third brake light and side reflectors on the rear bumper will get smoked and Ed will be painting the centers of these Bozes a gloss black:

18x9 front and 18x10 rear. The plan is to roll the rear fenders and outfit the rear wheels with some 315s.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My Cars on the Mend

Sorry Dude, I'm sure it's great, but I just can't be bothered to individually copy and paste those URL into a browser
Old 08-08-2007, 01:36 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

sorry I fixed it forgot about needing IMAGE and not IMG...lol
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM
unsocbl
3rd Gear Member

You have got to post the finished results!!! Great idea on the shaved door handles....I'm thinking it will look great!!
Old 08-08-2007, 01:49 PM
mechanicterry
1st Gear Member

What is your plans for the grill with that street scene kit. We put a billet grill on the top and our shop used a Ford F250 billet grill and cut it down to fit the bottom opening. You can buy the one for the top but the bottom has to be custom made-or atleast it did 2 months ago. It turned out really good. I would send a pic. but have not been able to get them in. I can email you one if you want to see it.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Should end up real nice.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

yea, I was right, looking great. keep the imgs coming
Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 PM
FenderParrothead
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: unsocbl

You have got to post the finished results!!! Great idea on the shaved door handles....I'm thinking it will look great!!
+1 on the shaved door handles - I can't wait to see that!!!!
Old 08-08-2007, 03:00 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mechanicterry

What is your plans for the grill with that street scene kit. We put a billet grill on the top and our shop used a Ford F250 billet grill and cut it down to fit the bottom opening. You can buy the one for the top but the bottom has to be custom made-or atleast it did 2 months ago. It turned out really good. I would send a pic. but have not been able to get them in. I can email you one if you want to see it.
actually just prior to the vandalism I installed the Agent 47 grill, Im thinking the bottom would look real nice with an intercooler behind there...lol
Old 08-10-2007, 02:08 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

due to not being able to find coinciding tire sizes for the front of the same tire as the 315s in the rear without having to use race slicks the tires will now be Falken 615s 295x40rear and 255x40front

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My Cars on the Mend