Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is something wrong with my car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:51 AM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Default Is something wrong with my car?

I think my car is acting strange. But it may also just be me so can you guys help me out.

The other day I was driving my car kinda hard. And I was stops at a light, the light turns green and I floor it, tires spin for a little and the front of the car like bounces. Now I have spun the tires before but never had the front of the car "bounce"?? (Thats my stupid question lol)

Second issue. My transmission feels very lose, sometimes. Like its just going to fall out. Especially when I shift in to revers. And also if I'm braking and shift in to first it feels like something is going to fall. And I thought something has before to where I had to get out of the car to check and see if something has fallen.

Third issue. The car is idling strange. Sometimes when I shift in to neutral the RMP's will drop really low to about 500 and then come back up. And also when I'm stopped at a light in neutral the RPM's will stay kinda high around 1000 and then after like 30 seconds drop to 700-750. Or they will like stay high then drop to about 500 and then go back up and then settle at normal, like bouncing.

Fourth issue. Its hard to shift in to third at high RMP's. Now before you start racking on me I know how to shift, my mom has a 2007 Mustang and I drove it the same way and its not that hard to shift in to third. I think I heard somewhere the the sincros may be going??

All mod's are listed in my signature

Any help would be great guys. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
06DropTopGT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Is something wrong with my car?

You abuse it and wonder why it's not right.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06DropTopGT

You abuse it and wonder why it's not right.
Does that mean the "driver" is going out? [&:]
Old 08-10-2007, 12:25 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

NO I was not abusing it. [:@] **** I know when I said that I drove it hard someone will accuse me of abusing it. What I mean by driving it hard is shifting around 5,000-5,500 RPM's. I normally shift around 3k.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: viperrmk

I think my car is acting strange. But it may also just be me so can you guys help me out.

The other day I was driving my car kinda hard. And I was stops at a light, the light turns green and I floor it, tires spin for a little and the front of the car like bounces. Now I have spun the tires before but never had the front of the car "bounce"?? (Thats my stupid question lol)

Second issue. My transmission feels very lose, sometimes. Like its just going to fall out. Especially when I shift in to revers. And also if I'm braking and shift in to first it feels like something is going to fall. And I thought something has before to where I had to get out of the car to check and see if something has fallen.

Third issue. The car is idling strange. Sometimes when I shift in to neutral the RMP's will drop really low to about 500 and then come back up. And also when I'm stopped at a light in neutral the RPM's will stay kinda high around 1000 and then after like 30 seconds drop to 700-750. Or they will like stay high then drop to about 500 and then go back up and then settle at normal, like bouncing.

Fourth issue. Its hard to shift in to third at high RMP's. Now before you start racking on me I know how to shift, my mom has a 2007 Mustang and I drove it the same way and its not that hard to shift in to third. I think I heard somewhere the the sincros may be going??

All mod's are listed in my signature

Any help would be great guys. Thanks in advance.

well, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure downshifting into first is not a good thing. I know it causes the engine and exhaust to make a mean sound as you downshift but just keep it in second and brake.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I agree that shifting into first unless stopped or creeping is not a good thing. As for the other problems, take it to a dealer and have them check it out.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:02 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

When I'm shifting in to first I'm doing about 15 MPH and I don't let out on the clutch. (while braking) clutch in, shift in to second let out a little, then clutch in while still braking shift in to first and dont let out on the clutch. I have never shifted in to first and let the clutch out while slowing down.

God never would I shift in to first to slow the car down, thats suicide!![&:]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:22 PM
LMM1967
1st Gear Member

check your motor mounts and/or your transmission mount.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:38 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

check your motor mounts and/or your transmission mount.
Kool thanks.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:44 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

You should only shift into first after a complete stop. Even with the clutch in, its hard to shift into first. As for the idle issues, with the egine off an switch on, press the accelarator all the way to the floor slowly taking about five seconds to to it. Then release it the same way. If that doesn't work, remove the K&N and put the stock intake back on.

Quick Reply: Is something wrong with my car?