Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Faux gas cap/ polished side view mirrors?? ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 11:02 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default New Faux gas cap/ polished side view mirrors?? ?

Hey guys a couplequestions for you.

Iinstalled these new DDBullits and my center capsa Cobra snake design which I like so I was thinking and considering thisfauxgas cap below from Ford Racing, keep in mind the one that comes on the GT 500 is not likethis one. The one that comes on the GT 500 says GT 500 and the word Shelby and the pictured below does not. The reason I mention thisI not trying tosay or missbadge my car as a GT 500 Shelby.

So do you think it would be cool/alright to run this faux gas cap as I do like it.

The next question I have I saw these sideview mirrors a while back on an 06 Mustang on the web they were old school look polished mirrors (very cool) the body of them look like a snow cone/sugar cone. they completely different mirrors from our stock ones they were thenot covers for our stock ones you can buy and I cannot find these mirrors on the net or any picture or trace of info onthem.

Anyone seen them or know what I am talking about?

Old 08-10-2007, 11:07 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: New Faux gas cap/ Polished side view mirrors?? ?

silverhorseracing also has a very nice cap for the back...try agent47 for the mirrors, I know they have those but I think theres are black...
Old 08-10-2007, 11:10 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06elnr

silverhorseracing also has a very nice cap for the back...try agent47 for the mirrors, I know they have those but I think theres are black...
o6elnr its not Agent47 these are different shape/mirrorand are high polished very cool looking but I will check out the cap at Silverhorse thanks.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

Keep this posted then because I would love to get rid of these frickin huge mirrors...lol
Old 08-11-2007, 10:22 AM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06elnr

Keep this posted then because I would love to get rid of these frickin huge mirrors...lol
06ehr they are big lol

I searched around for the picture of the mirrorson the S197 I saw a while backbut can not findit I think it was a picture from the SEMA show per vendor. In case I am not describing the mirrors correctly picture a snow cone and lay in downsideways thenhigh polishedhope you get the picture correctly.
I thought they were cool and I liked them and I can't find them now like to see them again or get some info on them.

06ehr whats your opinionon the gas cap above?

Keep in mind my wheels have thesnake center caps below which you can't see good in the photo but really look good in person.

@Viking396

Hey Eric if you see this what do you think on the gas cap? I was going to ask your opinionlast night at Micky D's but forgot.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:38 AM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I believe the mirrors you are referring to are the one that the show Wrecks to Riches did on their 05 mustang for a competition Ford held for a build off on the new style mustang.

http://www.supermusclecar.com/cars/0...05mustang.html
Old 08-11-2007, 12:51 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blaven

I believe the mirrors you are referring to are the one that the show Wrecks to Riches did on their 05 mustang for a competition Ford held for a build off on the new style mustang.

http://www.supermusclecar.com/cars/0...05mustang.html

BINGO!!
Thanks

Yea those are the mirrors!

I knew they were on a orange or yellow Mustang but the picture I saw was a high quality largephoto shot looked good, I been trying to find these mirror's also for my friend who has an S197 that I was telling him about. You wouldn't believe how hard I tried to find these mirrors again I'll have to contact SMG/Barrys Speed Shopand see what I could find out more infoand if they have some more photos, I think this style mirror looks good on our cars imo.

Thanks again blaven

Old 08-11-2007, 03:44 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

No problem, although i do believe they are replica's and they fab'd them up so i'm going to guess they aren't in production to fit a 05-08 mustang. Maybe if there was a big demand someone would make um. Anyways good luck in finding them!
Old 08-11-2007, 04:21 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

The cap is cool, does kinda look like the side emblem to the older Cobras but I like the look of it and it helps it doesn't say GT 500 on it cuz you would get flamed in here (not by me).
Old 08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

I like the gas cap but if I get one it will be the silverhorse one because I it will match my real gas door, but it sounds like this one will match your car so I say yes...

Quick Reply: New Faux gas cap/ polished side view mirrors?? ?