Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A thank you to you all. Something for you to enjoy

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 11:16 PM
downriverT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: A thank you to you all. Something for you to enjoy

When I first seen the post I almost didn't bother to read. Glad I read the story nice read. Good kill crush all rice.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:02 AM
DRWS10
2nd Gear Member

Great story, I felt like I was in the passenger seat!!! I love those nights when a stupid ricer tries to race our awesome cars!! Gotta love Mustangs!!!!

Welcome to the forum
Old 08-12-2007, 12:02 AM
allj
2nd Gear Member

Welcome and great story.

Also nice signature
[align=center]"Put your seatbelt on, I wanna try something!"[/align]
Old 08-12-2007, 12:04 AM
bement14
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: it3vom

I have been a looong time lurker to this forum and have few posts to reflect my membership. I like Mustang Forums for all the knowledge others are willing to share. It keeps the topics fresh unlike other forums. I thought I would take the time to thank you all at this site. I wake up every morning, get a cup of coffee, and read the latest posts and look at your Mustangs. Mustang forums and all of you were and still is an invaluable tool and helped me in my decision to purchase a Mustang. I wrote this story in hopes of doing my part in keeping this site fresh. I hope you enjoy.

The following true event occurred at 7:24 pm on the night of August 10, 2007. There were no animals hurt during the telling of this story.

I was cruising to the local video store last night, been dying to see Hot Fuzz, and I was taking the time to enjoy the first Mustang I have ever owned. It’s a stock, Windveil blue GT. It had just been washed and was looking good. The Shaker 500 was playing Marilyn Manson, the windows were down, sunroof open, and life was good. As I turned right at the corner, a kid in a Honda Civic was turning left. Don’t get a head of me here and spoil the story! Here in Phoenix, a majority of the roads are straight aways. As you can imagine, with 300 horsepower under the hood, this temptation can be as powerful as the devil himself whispering in your ear. After the turn, I was a few hundred feet ahead of the Honda and the only reason I looked back was to make sure I was clear in the event I wanted to change lanes. I took a double take. What’s this? Is the Civic making a run? Still doing the speed limit, I looked back once again to see if the kid was truly feeling it. The 1.6 liter, 4 cylinder was working harder than a one legged man in an *** kicking contest. Taking advantage of all the 115 ponies under the hood, the Honda pulled up even. I took a moment to size it up. I had a moment because 115 horsepower just doesn’t propel the 2200 lbs Honda like you think it would but, I digress. It was your everyday Civic but, I must say, the primer painted passenger front quarter panel really set it off. Truly this was a fine specimen representing the Honda faithful. I looked over to the kid behind the wheel. A look of determination on his face, he didn’t take his eyes off the road ahead. In that split minute, again 115 horsepower gave me this minute, I accepted the challenge. As if my right foot had a mind of its own, the gas pedal inched closer to the floorboard. The throttle lag from my automatic disappeared and a beautiful sound began to flow from the dual exhaust and the front of the Stang began to rise like an old hound dog after a long nap. Yes, I know a tune and intake will alleviate this. The Civic was now a couple of car lengths ahead and I can imagine the thoughts going though the young man’s mind. Probably etching a kill on the dashboard in his mind and thinking, “Wait till the guys at hondaforums.com hear about this.†I can also imagine the thoughts running through his head when he looked in his mirror, “Oh $h!t!†In the end, it was over quick and painless, well maybe not painless as the light blue blur of the GT raced passed the dark green civic like the U.S.S. Enterprise departing at warp 9 to discover a strange new world. Ok, ok maybe I embellished a bit, it is a stock GT. The next light was red and at this point I was far enough ahead to coast to a stop and light a smoke. The kid pulled up next to me in the turn lane. As the light turned green, I looked over to the kid and gave him a nod as if to say, it was a valiant effort, better luck next time. He is probably ordering a huge wing and a chrome exhaust tip, in an attempt to somehow increase his horsepower, as we speak. The local blockbuster was all out of Hot Fuzz but, the night wasn’t a total loss.

Thank you all again.
That was the best part.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:09 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

He could have just said]

"This civic tried topass me but I roasted him!!"
Old 08-12-2007, 12:33 AM
it3vom
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brendend

if i may ask, how old are you? i've never heard a story on this forum so ..... elegantly is the only word to describe it. also, nice kill
I am 25 with 10 years of experience.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:37 AM
it3vom
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black07gt

ok ok ok, what the f*ck is up with the sunroof thing??? as soon as i read that i called BS. then you kind of convinced me but that didn't let me concentrate

[/align]
It was the dealer installed sunroof or the Chick Magnet tune. I kick myself everyday for not choosing the tune.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:00 AM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the Forum, I am sure that Honda Civic [sm=jawdrop.gif]owners are readily familiar with *** Licking Contests/