Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS Question - New One

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 01:35 AM
codeglia1

Default RE: TPMS system - Override tube not working

Actually, I've checked the pressure first thing in the morning, and later on in the evenings, the last two days. Pressure remains constant at 32 PSI.

Interestingly enough, on my commute this morning (with the canister in the trunk), my car failed to communicate at all with it and gave me the "tire pressure system fault" warning, but only after driving 23 miles. When I left work tonight, I moved the canister into the back seat, and started the car (expecting to get the same repeat alarm)... but it never materialized. Made it all the way home (25 miles) without the alarm being triggered. I'll continue to see what happens; thanks for your input!

Bob
Old 11-21-2007, 11:41 PM
codeglia1

Okay, after many days of erratic TPMS operation (using the pressurized-tube approach), I finally gave up on that idea. Occasionally, the car would sense the signals being put out by the sensors in the tube, but most of the time it wouldn't even "see" the tube's sensors, and I started getting the TPMS Fault warning again. Weird thing was, it usually took about 40 minutes' worth of driving before it would even sound the alarm. (One can only hope that, if you picked up a nail and started losing tire air pressure, that it would sound the alarm much faster than that).

Anyway, I took it to my Ford dealer today and had them install new bands on my bullitt wheels, install the sensors again (taken from my original wheels), reprogram the sensors to talk to the car, then mount and balance the tires. It cost me a LOT of money today, but since then the alarm has remained silent during the miles I put on it since. This was an expensive lesson for me... but, I do like my new wheels better than what came on the car... even though this whole thing has cost me far more than I ever wanted it to! Thanks to the federal government... for trying to watch my tire pressures for me! NOT!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:46 PM
codeglia1

OK, I finally gave it up today (using the tube approach, that is).... too many alarms and/or intermittent communication with the sensors in the tube. Took the car to my local Ford dealer today and had them install new bands on my new wheels, then install and reprogram my old sensors... An hour-long test drive tonight showed no alarms and no problems. This was an expensive lesson for me... but, at least my new wheels look good!