Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint on the brain.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 07:20 PM
rtredline
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Paint on the brain.

Personally i think that type of paintjob belongs on imports...Not my kinda style at all...But do you if thats what you want...
Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 PM
hardcoremustangs
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rtredline

Personally i think that type of paintjob belongs on imports...Not my kinda style at all...But do you if thats what you want...
Where did you get the idea that a $12k paint job is for imports only? I have seen more domestics with this kind of paint than any other types of cars. My shop specializes in these types of paint and we have yet to paint an import with a color changing paint. We have done over 40 cars and all have been domestics.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

Damn, Hardcore! Those paints look great! I'm going to keep your number handy, I have a feeling you'll be getting a call from me sometime in the future. I need to work out my budget a little as this is just an idea now but thanks for the pictures, it really gives me an idea of what that paint looks like on our stangs...and I love the result!

Thanks.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
rtredline
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hardcoremustangs

Where did you get the idea that a $12k paint job is for imports only? I have seen more domestics with this kind of paint than any other types of cars. My shop specializes in these types of paint and we have yet to paint an import with a color changing paint. We have done over 40 cars and all have been domestics.
It looks like something you would see on some Ricers...Personally i laugh at cars with chameleon paint...Just dont like it at all....
Old 08-13-2007, 07:42 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hardcoremustangs

It looks like something you would see on some Ricers...Personally i laugh at cars with chameleon paint...Just dont like it at all....

Sooo........... You laugh at Mystic Cobras? Somthing Ford has been doing since 1996?
Old 08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Look good but not my style either........not to say they belong on an import......just not a big fan.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:48 PM
rtredline
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Sooo........... You laugh at Mystic Cobras? Somthing Ford has been doing since 1996?
Yeah i mean if its fine if you like it...It just doesnt look muscle...The reason i bought this car is because it has those old school influences...and this just kills them in my opinion...
Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Alloyed
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

Look good but not my style either........not to say they belong on an import......just not a big fan.
Not everybody likes the same thing. That's what makes us unique. I can't think of many imports it would look great on but I think it looks very nice on our stangs...hopefully mine if I can pocket it. hehe
Old 08-13-2007, 07:51 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Im 95% sure they were not the first to have chameleon paint (maybe from the factory?) but the mystic cobra is the first car ive ever seen with this paint job. I dont really see how something that originated with the mustang (top of the line mustang at that) belongs on "rice".

If you dont like it you dont like it, but saying it belongs on rice is just ignorant, considering it started with the mustang.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I hope you are not refering to me I didn't say they did belong on rice .......

Quick Reply: Paint on the brain.