Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rough Week - wrecked

Old 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Rough Week - wrecked

ORIGINAL: dmtGT05

to me insurance is a bribe... I pay a rediculous amount of money per month (close to car payment) to be "legal" and then when somethin like this happens when I need the insurance.. I have to do everything possible to keep the insurance company from finding out.. to keep my already unafordable premium from goin up... btw im under 25.

basically if the insurance company was involved... id be walkin... my monthly payments would not be affordable.
[align=left][/align]
Yes, it is a PITA and I wished I didn't have to pay insurance on 5 vehicles, but it is the law even though some people get away with not having it. Being under 25 takes a good chunk of change out of your pocket I'm sure....I have a daughter who is only 17, and in the eyes of the insurance company they base our rates on her age. They fell to understand she can't drive the other vehicles......they are either too big or manual transmission.
I do applaud you for taking the responsibility to take care of it yourself. Like you said, it may help keep your payments down.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:55 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

I wrecked my car a couple of months ago and the front end hit was just shy of 5k. plus a rental car for 3 weeks while it was in the shop. I am lucky the insurance company didn't find me at fault so my rates shouldn't change much.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:59 PM
maniacmikey
2nd Gear Member

Oh and not sure about your state but where I am from I was required to file a accident report with the state and so was the guy that hit me. So it goes on my record regardless and the insurance company finds out when they run your record. Also the person you hit will probably file a claim with his insurance and they will contact your insurance and so your rates are going to go up.
Old 08-13-2007, 09:07 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmtGT05

to me insurance is a bribe... I pay a rediculous amount of money per month (close to car payment) to be "legal" and then when somethin like this happens when I need the insurance.. I have to do everything possible to keep the insurance company from finding out.. to keep my already unafordable premium from goin up... btw im under 25.

basically if the insurance company was involved... id be walkin... my monthly payments would not be affordable.
[align=left] [/align]
I hear you loud and clear, but you're going to be paying what--$6000 out of pocket between the two cars? How long would it take to rack up $6000 in extra insurance? Even if you went up $1000 a year (which is pretty much on the far end of insane) it would take 6 years to equal out, and in the meantime, you could earn interest on the money.

In any case, sucks about the crash. Hope the repairs go smooth for you.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Sorry to see that damage, but all is not lost. Brenspeed, or New Car Takeoff's site, can get you a new Front Bumper Cover that is already black. A new fender is like $209.00 ready to paint, a headlight bucket, like the one you need is always on E-Bay, just go to E-Bay motors, parts and accessories and type in "2005 Mustang", and to narrow the search, type in the part you're looking for. Please drive with caution. I'd rather talk to you on this forum, than read about you on it.Good luck.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:29 AM
ollied
1st Gear Member

Damn...your before and after shots are painful to look at...gl getting it fixed
Old 08-14-2007, 06:07 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

What a sucky week you had.......[]. I hate the dilemma you are in with trying to decide whether or not to pay out-of-pocket, but "saltzy" makes a good case....

Wish I could help, I have the whole front end of a new GT (hood, grill, fogs, bumper). You could however, create quite a beauty with aftermarket parts, just depends on what you like!

Good luck with the repairs! s ~
Old 08-14-2007, 12:51 PM
EskimoPie
1st Gear Member

I second the motion about just going through your insurance... If you're worried about your rates going up ~$100 a month from the wreck, how the hell are you going to pay for ~$6000 in repairs to both cars? Credit cards? Just bite the bullet and have the insurance company repair both vehicles... it's what you pay them for in the first place and you know the repairs will be done right.